Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NADM
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #41
duramax3388

Name: duramax3388
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
its not that i have seen many but if you can put a cummins motor in a ford why cant you put a dana 60 out of a dodge or ford in a chevy but thats just me looking at it

Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #42
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
My only point is that the ones I've seen, to get the diff to clear the oil pan the truck was higher than what I think would make a good puller.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #43
PTPULLINCHASSIS

Name: PTPULLINCHASSIS
Title: DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
My only point is that the ones I've seen, to get the diff to clear the oil pan the truck was higher than what I think would make a good puller.
DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE DIFF TO OIL PAN CLEARANCE...I JUST BUILT UP THE FRONT ENDS W/ HEAVIER PARTS FOR CUSTOMERS THAT INSTALLED THE FRONT ENDS THEMSELVES NEVER GOT ANY FEED BACK ON PROBLEMS. I DO AGREE W/YA THAT PULLING TRUCKS NEED TO BE LOW TO THE GROUND FOR BEST RESULTS...I KNOW IMAGINE THAT

Old 11-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #44
duramax3388

Name: duramax3388
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=mech2161;512694]My only point is that the ones I've seen, to get the diff to clear the oil pan the truck was higher than what I think would make a good puller.[/QUOTE

vary true but it would almost be cheeper to build a dana 60 and put it in instead of messing with all this ifs stuff. and there are few trucks in the 2.6 class now that run over a 35 in. tire and doing a dam good job

i am not saying its the best thing to do or that everyone will do it but i like to be different

Old 11-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #45
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
I wouldnt have a problem with D-max guys running a D60. It was an option in a 1-ton or less truck. At least they wont take 45min to make a turn anymore!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #46
07dodge

Name: 07dodge
Title: Most Hated
Member`s Gallery
How about those rules????? Sema is over!

Special Thanks:
NADM
Floor-It Diesel
Exergy Performance
Swanson Performance

Old 11-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #47
BluegrassDiesel

Name: BluegrassDiesel
Title: UK2K!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller View Post
Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal calipers. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions
allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited.
So the way the rules read now I could take a 3.0 charger, have a custom compressor cover made so that the inducer bore is no larger than 2.65 inches, and I would be legal? That would essentialy be running a 3.0 charger with a 2.6 bushing, but technically its not a bushing, its actually the compressor housing. I think the 100mm exducer rule needs to be kept. This would cut down on a lot of the custom charger work that people could do to bend the rules some. Without the 100mm rule the 2.6 class and 2.8 class are getting too close to each other.

SHOP ONLINE @ http://WWW.SHOPBLUEGRASS.COM

97 DodgePPL Limited Pro Stock "The Crippler"
09 3500 GMC CCDually
05 Silverado SS

Closed Thread