What fuel pump?

Recently had my 12v with a farrel built 13mm on the engine dyno and at 1005hp it was drawing fuel pressure down to 18 psi with an a1000 gonna try an eliminator next Saturday on the dyno and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends how good the 13mm pump is and what kind of volume you're going to run it at. What size injectors?

Depends how good the 13mm pump is and what kind of volume you're going to run it at. What size injectors?

I had a set of 5x20 dual feed harts. I was also running a tork tek ofv. Changing to an aeromotive style regulator as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also did 990hp with an A1000 and aeromotive regulator and a 13mm pump with 6x16's. Fuel pressure was pulled down to 45 psi. I'd say if your planning on going over 1k hp, just plan on going with the Eliminator if you're going the aeromotive route.

What fuel pump

Guys,

Many thanks for the fuel pump answers--------!!!!
My 5x24's & 13mm pump flowing almost 900 cc need all I can get.
I'm working on the 1,000 hp idea.
kole32, let me know how your switch works out.

Thank You,
WAYNES WORLD

What RPM are you planning on running?

900cc at 5000 rpm would take 215 gph just to feed the plungers, that's not figuring in return fuel for cooling.

A pump that flows 250 at the pressure you want would work.

Last edited:
You need to get a waterman and bolt it on to a billet front cover. Call D&J and get one. I just ordered one from them for my common rail.

What fuel pump

Guys,

Wow-------Great info
Thanks for the calculations on 250 GPH.
Billet cover ?
Where do I find D&J?
WAYNES WORLD

guys,

Who makes a mechanical fuel pump for 12v's?

WAYNES WORLD

Guys,

Wow-------Great info
Billet cover ?
Where do I find D&J?
WAYNES WORLD

Sounds like some of you drag racin' guys gotta come visit us toothless folks over in the sled pulling section and get your reading glasses on :shake: :shake: LOL

Just Kidding. In all seriousness, most of us pullers run a mechanical pump (Waterman, DSR, Enderle) driven off a spud welded or bolted on to the front of the vacuum pump. There's tons of info on how to do this over in the sled pulling section, and there's even a fairly recent thread about Waterman plumbing in the engine tech forum that's kept coming up. It is surprisingly easy and cheap if you do your research and buy the right pump!!! Plus you'll never starve it...

what fuel pump

Dave,

Good reply--------thanks
Unfortunately the site was down------will try to look that up tomorrow

WAYNES WORLD

Dave,

Good reply--------thanks
Unfortunately the site was down------will try to look that up tomorrow

WAYNES WORLD

Keating Machine offers some nice stuff to do this as well. They offer the fuel pump drive and the front timing cover with the mount for a mechanical pump

Guys,

Wow-------Great info
Billet cover ?
Where do I find D&J?
WAYNES WORLD

D&J, Keating, Haisley, Scheid will have the front cover. I prefer to use the Waterman with the return. Scheid normally doesn't use that one. Get the hex welded on the vacuum pump, get the bronze regulators and run your lines and you are all set.

I've done a few like this. The auxiliary drive/power steering pump/typical waterman location runs 98% of engine speed. The fuel quality is better if you slow the pump down to 1/2 of engine speed and run a larger pump.

The two pumps down below were used for power steering and water injection.

image_zpsjsh0qyky.jpg

What fuel pump

I've done a few like this. The auxiliary drive/power steering pump/typical waterman location runs 98% of engine speed. The fuel quality is better if you slow the pump down to 1/2 of engine speed and run a larger pump.

The two pumps down below were used for power steering and water injection.

image_zpsjsh0qyky.jpg

9724VF350,
WOW-------great looking setup. But I have space restrictions. My Lil Pete still has the power steering & vacuum pump, although the vacuum pump is blocked off. I'm going to stay with an electric unit.
WAYNES WORLD

Attachments

• IMG_0501 (1).jpg
    IMG_0501 (1).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 0
Back