Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #61
Redneck6.0L

Name: Redneck6.0L
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
doug you sure can key board race, cause you haven't prove sh!t on the track

Nitrous is a Ford's best freind

Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #62
haloman

Name: haloman
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck6.0L View Post

Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #63
nomercy

Name: nomercy
Title: cheeseburgler
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndsnpr View Post
i must have gotten the one bad hts tranny in the lot. or dusty was gone and the aprentice built mine. But one thing you can say is dusty stands by his stuff at least to this point he has not let me down waiting on the verdict for the last issue with the truck in the shop and the tranny back on the floor
did you go thru hts directly or a dealer? everyone who has issues seems to have gone thru one of their dealers and they probably ordered half of what they are supposed to get

Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #64
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck6.0L View Post
Better be careful, after the trip I had to Doug's, I can tell you from first hand experience there are gonna be some very cool things coming out of Doug's shop here real soon. That truck is also gonna be light, and with the knowledge we have gained from building my motor, that truck is gonna be damned powerful. I am not gonna make any predictions, but I can say that the 6.0 is gonna move up a few notches this year. Doug has helped me out a million times, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, when I have a 6.0 question, Doug is in my speed dial for a reason.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #65
rush

Name: rush
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
Better be careful, after the trip I had to Doug's, I can tell you from first hand experience there are gonna be some very cool things coming out of Doug's shop here real soon. That truck is also gonna be light, and with the knowledge we have gained from building my motor, that truck is gonna be damned powerful. I am not gonna make any predictions, but I can say that the 6.0 is gonna move up a few notches this year. Doug has helped me out a million times, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, when I have a 6.0 question, Doug is in my speed dial for a reason.
I'll be impressed when someone beats 11.3 in an 8000lb. truck, and then tows another truck from Alberta to Utah. All you guys seem to need a 3000lb. head start just to compete with Shawn and still can't get it done.

Last edited by Dalpilot; 02-20-2009 at 03:54 AM.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #66
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush View Post
I'll be impressed when someone beats 11.3 in an 8000lb. truck, and then tows another truck from Alberta to Utah. All you guys seem to need a 3000lb. head start just to compete with Shawn and still can't get it done.
Ooops I hate when I hit edit instead of quote.

First, switch to Decaf, second, I'm not trying to compete with anyone, I'm doing something completely different, third, how is it that no one can get it done, when neither are finished yet, Fourth, I have no problems with Shawn, and joke with him in jest, fifth, switch to decaf, AGAIN!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #67
82ndsnpr

Name: 82ndsnpr
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
lol got my hts straight from dusty been dead in the water 3 times in the first year waitin on the word for this last problem

Old 02-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #68
Toolman

Name: Toolman
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush View Post
Well it's not quite an 8000# truck it is only 7200# but I have been draging this old truck and trailer(1200#) around the country for a back up for three years racing the DHRA and NADM and what ever other race I can find. And yes it does run 11.30's and is HTS tough!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bowling Green Resized .jpg (86.8 KB, 34 views)

B&B Tooling 269-496-9021

B & B Tooling Intakes and custom machined parts.

Member of Drive by Wire Mafia

Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #69
82ndsnpr

Name: 82ndsnpr
Member`s Gallery
see i get the one ****ing hts that has issues man im cursed demons be gone out of my tranny the power of #2 compels you.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #70
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Member`s Gallery
Goerend

i would call dave a Goerend he is a awsome guy and stands behind his product. if you have any problems he makes sure there right and he wont try to sale you something you dont need, he want to know what kind of hp you want to make and what your going to use the truck for and he build it to your specs 1-563-778-2719 is Goerend number
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #71
KDIESEL

Name: KDIESEL
Title: not a rookie
Member`s Gallery
Its breaking cause theres purple parts in it.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #72
Grumpy John 4X4

Name: Grumpy John 4X4
Member`s Gallery
Thumbs up Suncoast

Suncoast trans full billet, triple disc TQ and billet flex plate, Its their comp race sled pull tranny, had them build mine and shipped to California, and one of their distributors installed it, about 7500 complete, have not destroyed it yet.
1994 12 valve 2500 4X4 Carli full blown Suspension featuring 3" King shocks Full billet race competion Suncoast trans, convertor & flex plate,HX 40 turbo 4" exhaust ATS manifold AFE air sock 315-75-16 Pro-Comp Extremes, Snow Performance Meth h20 injection

Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #73
Morse

Name: Morse
Title: Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Rush, someone has been much faster than 11.3 at over 8,000 pounds.. He's been 10.7 that I know of. He also came to what I call my local track and ran 11.1 with a lift and 35's. That was with no weight reduction. He even had a huge stereo and box in the back of the mega.. Remember W1cked?

Kodiak 4500- EFI, trans, 22.5's custom

08 F350 sw cc swb- 11'' Rize adj lift, 37's, spartan, etc.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #74
Mooring Product

Name: Mooring Product
Title: I just don't care
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morse View Post
Rush, someone has been much faster than 11.3 at over 8,000 pounds.. He's been 10.7 that I know of. He also came to what I call my local track and ran 11.1 with a lift and 35's. That was with no weight reduction. He even had a huge stereo and box in the back of the mega.. Remember W1cked?
I believe Rush was talking about a 6.0.

2012 3500 Mega Dually Laramie loaded 3:73

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

[url]www.mooringproductsworldwide.com[url]

Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #75
KDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Well before my name gets drug through the mud too far.
1) you have an ats converter which we don't sell.
2) this converter jason said "the bolts that hold the flexplate on are hitting the ats converter, poss pushing the converter into the trans too far which may or may not have caused the damage."
3) try to name another company that will warranty their trans without using the converter they sell.
4) we stand behind anything we do
5) I cannot make Jason go any faster and YOU decided to take it too him.
6) 82ndsnpr, we will do everything in our power to help you. You do not have to hurt our reputation when this may have not been caused by us.

DUSTY HAWK

Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #76
SmokeN 12 ValvE

Name: SmokeN 12 ValvE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndsnpr View Post
see i get the one ****ing hts that has issues man im cursed demons be gone out of my tranny the power of #2 compels you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDIESEL View Post
Well before my name gets drug through the mud too far.
1) you have an ats converter which we don't sell.
2) this converter jason said "the bolts that hold the flexplate on are hitting the ats converter, poss pushing the converter into the trans too far which may or may not have caused the damage."
3) try to name another company that will warranty their trans without using the converter they sell.
4) we stand behind anything we do
5) I cannot make Jason go any faster and YOU decided to take it too him.
6) 82ndsnpr, we will do everything in our power to help you. You do not have to hurt our reputation when this may have not been caused by us.

DUSTY HAWK
HTS gets my vote

Dusty is the man

I had issues with mine having the wrong electronics in the VB, they sent them out as soon as I talked with them. A couple of days after that it would not go in reverse because of a "reverse band and the reverse drum" problem, they built another one sent it to me and have not had any problem since.

It hard to beat customer service like that

James

Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #77
Diesel Nut

Name: Diesel Nut
Title: 6 Speed 12V
Member`s Gallery
I am just finishing the 48RE on my bench this morning and will be opening up 82ndsnpr's unit today if I can stay away from the phones. When I have some info on what I find I will update both of you.
2003 F250 CCSB 7.3L 4x4 (wifes)
Amsoil Dealer

Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #78
rwalk5.9

Name: rwalk5.9
Title: diesel enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Thumbs up

HTS gets my vote!! Great people to work with and the tranny is awesome!!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #79
KDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
This is dusty hawk. I'm using my friends log in name because I forgot my log in ID. KDIESEL is not me. Anyways 82ndsnpr's transmission was taken apart by a dealer of mine and is now being shipped to me. Long story but anyways, it appears the thrust washers were ate up in it. The only thing I can think of being wrong was I didn't assemble it correctly. I'll do an autopsy on it when it gets here but it only lasted a year and that's not right. To 82nd we will get you out a new one as soon as possible. We are sorry for the hassle and the only excuse we have is we are still only human and we screw up too. Sincerly sorry.

DUSTY HAWK

Closed Thread