95 v10

bulldog77

After some trading yesterday i acquired a 95 2500 eclb 4x4 with a v10. Truck runs and drives. I haven't really looked into how similar they are to the Cummins when it comes to the suspension(just had knee surgery so can't crawl under it). I was thinking of making a street puller or dedicated puller. Are the setups between a Cummins powered truck similar to the v10?

Sent from the recliner butt naked

Suspension, trans , axles ,and radiator are the same . My brother is pulling my v10 plow truck with a stock motor and only chassis setup and it pulls very well , he is putting feet on trucks with modified motor

The plan is to pull the cab from my 97 2wd to the v10 frame and also the motor from the 2wd.

Our puller started as a v10 originally. Most everything is the same. Our v10 radiator didn't work with the air to air intercooler.

Are the v10 engine mounts on the frame going to work with the Cummins? I haven't had a chance to look at it, waiting fort knee to heal

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 47re behind the V10 has skinnier/weaker shafts and shifts at higher RPM's, but if you sent it out to be build (shafts, vb, tc, clutches/steels, etc..) it's be just as good as any other core.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 47re behind the V10 has skinnier/weaker shafts and shifts at higher RPM's, but if you sent it out to be build (shafts, vb, tc, clutches/steels, etc..) it's be just as good as any other core.

Shafts are the same size. A modified vb will take care of any differences in the v10 Trans.

Aren't the bell housings slightly different ? I know the cummins 47re have inspection an plate. Do the v10's ? I haven't worked on one in awhile.

Well i have the option to build a 47re or 47rh. Haven't decided or researched it enough yet to decide. The motor is a stock bottom end 12v with 260k on it with 5x..018, 180 pump, full cut dvs, racked barrels, 4k gsk mild ported ats big foot t4, and a bep billet s466/83/ .90 and also have a 1.10 housing. So for now my concern is the diffs, Trans, and transfer case.

Nice thing about south Dakota its that there 15 years behind everyone. The only classes are stock, super stock, and modified.

Back