stock cam

smokn3500

Doing my p pump conv on my 01 and Seth finished benching my 215 pump .whats the most power yall have made using a stock cam and with what turbo and injs

I was being sarcastic sorry, it was nothing twards you. To answer your question better, you can make all the power you want with a stock 12v cam shaft over 1k hp has been made many times. A bit more can be had with diff. grinds but the same can be done for free by dialing in another couple lbs boost or tune in a few more cc's of fuel. On a n/a engine they make Much more of a noticeable change thus much more bang for your buck. In a forced Induction engine exp. in our case where on avg. you have 50lbs + boost..... the air charge just flat don't have an issue finding its home though factory valve lift spec's, adding some lift surely wont hurt but it don't help like you'd think it would either. Changing the timing event and duration will help move the curve around about same as it would in a n/a engine but it's still not near as pronounced, just due to the nature of the combustion ignition engine rather than spark ignition.

Power is the easiest part about these engines, any time you want more you just add more fuel and enough more air with it to keep it to safe temp's. It's really that simple.

Tucker

Last edited:
Back