he351cw 7x12's

90dodge

Always Broke
I've got a set of 7x12's coming in the mail, and I know my 351 is not going to clear them up.

Im tossing around the idea of giving the truck a little juice to clean up and make a little more power. Is it at all possible to keep drive pressures down with the stock ported wastegate? Especially with a 12 valve. I wan't to squeeze out every ounce of power I can from the 351. How about with an ext wastegate put into the manifold?

I've always lived a little on the dangerous side. And my 351 hates me for it.:nos:

Hopefully i'm not p****ing in the wind.

I'm taking a crazy guess, and answering that comment.

Because of the 351?
Or because of the 7-hole

I know all about them. At the price I bought them for I dang near saved 400 from what they usually cost. If I were buying brand spanking new injectors I would've chosen 5x14's, but when these are 200 bucks cheaper I'm willing to gamble a little.

^^^^ I wasn't going to say anything about where I got them, but ya that's right.
Weston sent them to jamie to look over, so he can warranty them, then their headed my way.

Bump. I've got 5x16's now. I'm still thinking about throwing some nitrous at them for the dyno event coming up in Tulsa. Can I do it without blowing the turbo?

I'll be turning it down enough to where boost will only top out about ~45 or so after spray. I just don't know how much drive pressure one will handle.

Ok man, great debate has been had before. Drive pressure does not lift a head. Cylinder pressure does. How in the history of physics, has 100psi of drive pressure been higher than thousands of psi of cylinder pressure? Timing kills a gasket faster.

Drive pressure will probably lift the head if it doesn't blow the turbo. But I say do it I would.

Ok man, great debate has been had before. Drive pressure does not lift a head. Cylinder pressure does. How in the history of physics, has 100psi of drive pressure been higher than thousands of psi of cylinder pressure? Timing kills a gasket faster.

:welcome: and :eek:wned:

Spray it but make sure your gate works fo sho!

Exactly! High drive pressure only affects the cylinder at near top dead center while boost affects it at bdc. 50psi boost x 17:1 is way more cylinder pressure than 70psi drive ÷ 17:1

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Well this isnt an old thread or anything. Lol Cliff, Dex's dyno was where i was wanting to ghetto fog. Just never happened. Haha

Back