Single charger on 335d

How do they tune these foreign cars? Is there something like EFI Live or HPTuners for them or is it all just custom flashes or swap out ECMs?

A lot of times a true tune depending on application are tune on site. Some have programmers, and others require ecm to be sent in.

In the scene we're speaking of, often a tune is $1000-$2000 and allows 1 or 2 tweaks. A factory reflash is an additional cost if needing to return to stock.

All that coin for maybe 200-300hp with bolt ons.

What are the "bolt ons"? emissions system delete, exhaust, intercooler, what else?

So $5000ish for a pretty reliable 500hp bmw 335d? Sounds FUN!

What are the "bolt ons"? emissions system delete, exhaust, intercooler, what else?

The 535d has a bit higher potential. That's pretty much it though, unless turbo conversion in done. I don't know who does larger injectors for them though.

Takes a good bit to break 500. Turbos are very limited. I ditched the pulse with modulated lift pump after it took out my r90 and injectors. I wouldn't run an intercooler with the oring quick connect, plus a few other things. 400/650 can be had for 2700$. They are a lot of fun and surprising efficient.

Takes a good bit to break 500. Turbos are very limited. I ditched the pulse with modulated lift pump after it took out my r90 and injectors. I wouldn't run an intercooler with the oring quick connect, plus a few other things. 400/650 can be had for 2700$. They are a lot of fun and surprising efficient.

Yeah and the best euro diesels are banned from the US.

Modded 335D twins can do 10s at 1/4 mile, why try something that needs lots of modifications ?

Modded 335D twins can do 10s at 1/4 mile, why try something that needs lots of modifications

Excuse my arrogance in this comment, but.... "I'd like to see that." To my knowledge the only D in the 10s is the one previously mentioned. And it is not a full weight car. Plenty of us in the low 11s. As for the rest of it, seems you didn't read much of what was posted.

Modded 335D twins can do 10s at 1/4 mile, why try something that needs lots of modifications

Excuse my arrogance in this comment, but.... "I'd like to see that." To my knowledge the only D in the 10s is the one previously mentioned. And it is not a full weight car. Plenty of us in the low 11s. As for the rest of it, seems you didn't read much of what was posted.
10.2 and 10.8, at least the other one is 1650 kg.

Back