Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
gotta12v

Name: gotta12v
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
mabey it had somthing to do with 36* of timing with a camshaft with no overlap and high engine compression with twin turbos and a pathetic waterinjection setup. I can only imagine the cylinder pressure.

only a guess

Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #22
wildmanben

Name: wildmanben
Title: Farmboy...
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta12v
mabey it had somthing to do with 36* of timing with a camshaft with no overlap and high engine compression with twin turbos and a pathetic waterinjection setup. I can only imagine the cylinder pressure.

only a guess
It sure did pull went considering he must not have known how to build a truck according to you!

Country Performance Diesel
PureFlow Technologies
Southbend Clutch
Bullseye Power
JL Machine
Fluidampr

Old 01-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #23
gotta12v

Member`s Gallery
a marine piston has 15.3:1 compression (not even close to low, we run 14:3 on our single charger street truck) also the cam shaft had no overlap. He had the truck setup to run well out of the range of the camshaft. Trying to spin over 5k rpm on a cam with no overlap will build insane egts and cylinder pressure.

it ran much better with ddp'3s and timing in the 20's

to run the setup he was using he needed about 13:1 compression and some decent overlap in his cam. durations closer to 190+ intake and 230+ exhaust

you cant just time a truck high because we do on the east coast without considering lots of other factors.

also a marine piston is not a good match with a twin charger truck. the top ring land is to high and it has a steel insert. It will crack the crown of the piston in high boost conditions. ask schied how many sets they ruined

Old 01-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #24
oldsmokey97

Name: oldsmokey97
Member`s Gallery
didnt piers Build the motor in the BBD????

Lance

Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #25
AsTroSS

Name: AsTroSS
Title: problems start @80 psi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta12v
a marine piston has 15.3:1 compression (not even close to low, we run 14:3 on our single charger street truck) also the cam shaft had no overlap. He had the truck setup to run well out of the range of the camshaft. Trying to spin over 5k rpm on a cam with no overlap will build insane egts and cylinder pressure.

it ran much better with ddp'3s and timing in the 20's

to run the setup he was using he needed about 13:1 compression and some decent overlap in his cam. durations closer to 190+ intake and 230+ exhaust

you cant just time a truck high because we do on the east coast without considering lots of other factors.

also a marine piston is not a good match with a twin charger truck. the top ring land is to high and it has a steel insert. It will crack the crown of the piston in high boost conditions. ask schied how many sets they ruined
intresting

Old 01-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #26
gotta12v

Member`s Gallery
yes piers did build the motor and it ran well for 4 seasons, piers however did not set the timing on it.

Ive seen this happen several times, having multiple individuals work on the truck. The only person who should be making drastic tuning changes in the motor is the person who knows exactly what is in the motor down to the cam specs, compression ratio, drive pressures at given rpms.

The truck had a corsa data system on it, It is a wonderfull tool for tuning.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #27
partsguy662

Name: partsguy662
Title: You know damm right
Member`s Gallery
I agree..What happened in the past is just that...In the past..
Scott is not on trial here.

--Scott
COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM

Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #28
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
OK Guys ..lets keep this on track..No Personal attacks are allowed!

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 01-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #29
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
I think the rumor should be answered though: Is there gonna be a BBD#2??

Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #30
getblown5.9

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Member`s Gallery
im not ragging on anyone...i just wanted the answer from scott himself, or maybe the new owner who did the tear down on the motor. i wanna if the DDP injector really caused the failure because there is someone who telling everyone that who wants to buy injectors...apparently he only wants to sell Formula 1 stuff...

I too would like some Mach 6's, but i bought DDP4's (150hp) for $350 less than mach 4's, and i made 180hp over stock with injectors and a way oversized turbo for air, and my truck runs great with no injector problems

Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #31
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie
I think the rumor should be answered though: Is there gonna be a BBD#2??
.............Survey says:__________________________

Old 01-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #32
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery

Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #33
BigBadDodge

Name: BigBadDodge
Member`s Gallery
Damn fellers, this thread really went to hell in a handbasket :G

I would like to clear things up in NO way have I ever said that or has it ever been proved that the DDP4 injectors took my motor out. The number two piston was melted and your probably right about the timing and the daily driver style water injection it wasn't enough water and I probally should have dropped the timing down, my motor, my bad and I am still learning.

Several folks who remain unknown (its just not my style and you probally already know who they are) tried to get me to admit that the demise was the injectors and actully wanted me to send them to another maker of injectors for inspection. Being the honest trust worthy guy I am I couldn't do that, just not fare, so I pulled them had the guy's at a local shop inspect them and pop test etc....and couldn't find anything wrong with them, I then sent them back to DDP for inspection and they too said they were fine I sold them to a local sled puller here in the area and they have been in his daily driver for the past 5 months he loves them no issues. The injectors were not demise and IMO the DDP4's rock and I have suggested them to several folks in the past few months. Lets put this one to rest and to those who are claiming differently tell them they are wrong.

Okay now what is this Blue stuff you guy's talking about

BBD

Old 01-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #34
THEKIDFAN

Name: THEKIDFAN
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadDodge
Damn fellers, this thread really went to hell in a handbasket :G

I would like to clear things up in NO way have I ever said that or has it ever been proved that the DDP4 injectors took my motor out. The number two piston was melted and your probably right about the timing and the daily driver style water injection it wasn't enough water and I probally should have dropped the timing down, my motor, my bad and I am still learning.

Several folks who remain unknown (its just not my style and you probally already know who they are) tried to get me to admit that the demise was the injectors and actully wanted me to send them to another maker of injectors for inspection. Being the honest trust worthy guy I am I couldn't do that, just not fare, so I pulled them had the guy's at a local shop inspect them and pop test etc....and couldn't find anything wrong with them, I then sent them back to DDP for inspection and they too said they were fine I sold them to a local sled puller here in the area and they have been in his daily driver for the past 5 months he loves them no issues. The injectors were not demise and IMO the DDP4's rock and I have suggested them to several folks in the past few months. Lets put this one to rest and to those who are claiming differently tell them they are wrong.

BBD

Like I said your a great guy bud!!! There's quite a few of us that will always be in your corner!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #35
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Scott, good luck on your next venture.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #36
getblown5.9

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Member`s Gallery
thanks scott...some people just like to spout off at the mouth and bash other products because they sell the competitors stuff.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #37
JerrodGlover

Name: JerrodGlover
Title: Pulling God
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadDodge

BBD

I hear something about a truck from Pulling Mecah of the world going west to be BBD#2

Old 01-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #38
BigBadDodge

Name: BigBadDodge
Member`s Gallery
Jeff M, thanks bud, I got your back too : )

Thanks guy's on the luck thing, now were are you all hearing this stuff at

BBD

Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #39
95ram

Name: 95ram
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the info Scott. I'll refer all the nay sayers that I come across to this post. I have to say I love my DDP's and haven't had a lick of trouble with them.