Shop warranty? More trouble.

I'm not a machine shop but I'm not sure how they would check that. Only way I can think is once its on the engine and your running it and building cylinder pressure. Shop air is only 100-150 psi. Cylinder pressure is probably 5-6000 psi. How long after you got it back did it start showing issues? If it ran fine then started then the head were fine then developed the issue.

Last edited:
I'm not a machine shop but I'm not sure how they would check that. Only way I can think is once its on the engine and your running it and building cylinder pressure. Shop air is only 100-150 psi. Cylinder pressure is probably 5-6000 psi. How long after you got it back did it start showing issues? If it ran fine then started then the head were fine then developed the issue.

I'm not sure how long. But why wouldn't they pressure check it like that before closing up the truck to make sure everything was ok?

If its not a know common failure how would they know they need to be checked? I bet they check them from now on but if i had a set of brand new heads from ford, the thought would have never crossed my mind that the glow plug bungs could possibly leak. I've been in the diesel world for a while and this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening.

If its not a know common failure how would they know they need to be checked? I bet they check them from now on but if i had a set of brand new heads from ford, the thought would have never crossed my mind that the glow plug bungs could possibly leak. I've been in the diesel world for a while and this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening.

:doh:

Sorry to hear. It will get better hun.

With the lifter going bad they are considering absorbing all of the cost. I asked him if we still have to pay for the labor with the head and he said "I don't know". So i'm taking that and running with it.

Back