Very small 12 valve tow twins

Definately interested to see how this goes for you. Might be something to do in the future for my new tow rig. Oh and keep me in mind if you decide to sell the 67.7

Will do buddy.

351 with a 1 inch spring wastegate works great on the street. With the convertor locked I can make 30 lbs. of boost a 1500 rpms. I have to be a little gentle taking off to not create to much smoke but I have a very tight convertor which doesn't help. I 341 will spool a 10 or so rpms sooner seems to choke more on the top end.

HOLY JEEBUS! as a single on a 12 valve? I'm not worried about smoke, I can tune that out even easier with twins I think.
EDIT: Nevermind I figured out the code in your signature. so 30psi at 1500rpm with a 351/3b setup..... I think this guy is sold on the idea. I bet I can do better with the 67 being it already does 10psi at 1500 as a single with a tight converter. Now if I don't do a 351, it will only be if Taylor can set me up something thats damn close and T4.

Also, just for chits and giggles, I'm going to run the 67 as a single with the bigger exhaust housing just once to see how she does, always been curious what kind of pull I could get.

Last edited:
Yeah that 351 spools silly fast, I kinda miss that thing. I had it as a secondary over my 88mm and it made 20 psi @1500. Now with the 63/68 it makes 10 psi @1600 or so.

Yeah that 351 spools silly fast, I kinda miss that thing. I had it as a secondary over my 88mm and it made 20 psi @1500. Now with the 63/68 it makes 10 psi @1600 or so.

The cheapness of the 351 is starting to sell me now as well.

Did all of the 351's have the same turbine and a/r? Or did they change it up for different years and transmissions or anything?

So now I'm leaning towards a spool flanged 351 with a ported housing and gate if necessary, over my 67/83 with a 1.1 housing. As long as I can keep it T4. Flow and EGT's are still a big deal for me, I'd like to keep it cooler than 1200* all the time.

Definately don't need a spool flange on a HE351.

That's what I was thinking.

I figured I have it I might as well use it, see if I can bring the power in even lower since I'm not going for ridiculous numbers.

351 is not going to work with a spool flange, its not a divided housing.

Yeah, that was recently brought to my attention LOL I didn't know that. So I'll probably just sell the spool flange to cover the 351 and maybe a pipe.

Now it'd be nice to find a piping kit for a 351/s400 for a straight flange manifold LOL

Last edited:
spool flange (if it will fit), t4-t3 adapter, 351, over T6 67/83/1.1.

So instead:

t4-t3 adaptor --> 351 --> spool flange --> T4 67/83/1.1

Also, I think I'm going to keep these 5x.016's since they're easily controllable, and I'm sure will be even better with faster air, and down the road I still plan on going with 13mm p&b and try to mimic ahale's benefits.

So instead:

t4-t3 adaptor --> 351 --> spool flange --> T4 67/83/1.1

Also, I think I'm going to keep these 5x.016's since they're easily controllable, and I'm sure will be even better with faster air, and down the road I still plan on going with 13mm p&b and try to mimic ahale's benefits.

Hey now I got good benifits from my 13mm pump too!

Hey now I got good benifits from my 13mm pump too!

I never saw your thread LOL I know alex said he saw average EGT's drop a little, spool got a little better, and mileage of course. Thats not a direct quote, just what I remember him saying in my head. All he did was p&b, no cam.

35/s400 run of the mill twins spool nice...

not sure if theyd hold 600 rwhp tho.. did 514/1096 on them, and on a fluke did 550 tq unread...

but as stated junkyard twins with old school tech work pretty darned cool... if you have the coin 351/475 call it a day

35/s400 run of the mill twins spool nice...

not sure if theyd hold 600 rwhp tho.. did 514/1096 on them, and on a fluke did 550 tq unread...

but as stated junkyard twins with old school tech work pretty darned cool... if you have the coin 351/475 call it a day

I think I've heard of 35/3b setups around the 700 mark. I wish I'd have gone this setup now, I had the parts years ago and sold them before install. But I learned a lot doing all the stuff since then, so I call it a win.

I'm using the 67 because it flows so much for its size, and spools crazy fast for its size, and because I already have one. and the 351 is dirt cheap. Besides the 351, I'm really hoping no one calls this junkyard twins when I'm done LOL

I think I've heard of 35/3b setups around the 700 mark. I wish I'd have gone this setup now, I had the parts years ago and sold them before install. But I learned a lot doing all the stuff since then, so I call it a win.

I'm using the 67 because it flows so much for its size, and spools crazy fast for its size, and because I already have one. and the 351 is dirt cheap. Besides the 351, I'm really hoping no one calls this junkyard twins when I'm done LOL

Good luck finding the HE351 dirt cheap. Most people want a arm and leg for them.

Back