'06 Dies

Bobus

Powerstroked
I drove my '06 to town today. But i found that once i got goin on the road When i shifted and put my foot back into it, it would die for a second or 2 then it would restart, blow a big puff of black and start to accel.. Once i got to cruiseing speed if it would start to work at all it would start to cut in and out.. (The tach would dance by a 100-200 RPM) Anyone have any Ideas? The trucks Stock, and i'm not getting a CEL

Sounds like an icp sensor to me. But Doug or one of the technitions here would be able to answer that better.

Bobus, check the wire harness going to the EPS. I had same thing, thought it was a fuel starvation issue. Ended up being the harness rubbed raw on a stud near the EPS and was gounding out occasionally. Since you and I have a manual, it just bump starts itself to run again once the wire bounces off the stud. The auto trucks just die.

His 06 is routed a little better than the 04s. Do you notice if the turbo seems to go quiet when this happens?

The entire engine seems to get quieter (Crackle less) just before it dies, and when its cutting in and out I have no whistle until I step into it and it pulls out of the issue, then i get the constant Turbo Whistle

When it stalls and shuts off, does the truck buzz the injectors normally when you cycle the key?

My injectors don't have the Buzz program, But it makes some clicks, some dash lights come one and when it refires everything goes back to normal

Oh ok, now i know what your talkin about... No i don't get that buzz, just a couple clicks

Prolly Just have to take the POS back to Ford, I also have a Battery thats Leaking out the bottom Corner...YAH for Warranty!!

Back