Truckers, lets see your rigs!

How big of a generator is it?

400ish KW

Hey Chris, just had s random thought, if you still have that big ford with a bad engine, that Detroit would make it a cool toy! Tw30 iirc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sold on Auction Time with a broken crank. Thankfully.

12v would require frame extension, and if going to that trouble might as well put an in-line in it.

I found a Versatile with a bad engine a few weeks ago, really thought about buying it and dropping a 12V into, but it brought way too much for me.

Chris

The only other one I've seen is on our test stand in Louisville in the training dept.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

What's everyone actually doing with them now? I had one customer pull his and put a 6NZ we out of framed in its place. The fleet we had here sold their 26 trucks and sent them to SC. I only have one left in my territory and they are mentally deficient.
I know we've covered this ground, but they really are solid engine iron. The valve guides were junk, and the turbos are questionable.

What's everyone actually doing with them now? I had one customer pull his and put a 6NZ we out of framed in its place. The fleet we had here sold their 26 trucks and sent them to SC. I only have one left in my territory and they are mentally deficient.
I know we've covered this ground, but they really are solid engine iron. The valve guides were junk, and the turbos are questionable.

Pretty simple, the only issue with an SDP is after the turbos. Swapping the entire engine (especially an aluminum skirt piston 6NZ) is like burning down your house because you don’t like the color.

Bet that is a nice kick in the balls when those fail and people choose to replace them rather than delete.

Cheap compared to the $10k a Detroit “one box” costs. Or the new once piece Converter/SCR/DPF the new Cummins/Paccar trucks have. I mentioned before local KW dealer had a $20k warranty claim on a truck that had never been sold when the VGT broke the shaft on the way to the dealer and filled the exhaust with 3 gal of oil.

Cheap compared to the $10k a Detroit “one box” costs. Or the new once piece Converter/SCR/DPF the new Cummins/Paccar trucks have. I mentioned before local KW dealer had a $20k warranty claim on a truck that had never been sold when the VGT broke the shaft on the way to the dealer and filled the exhaust with 3 gal of oil.

Sounds like something cummins will try and get out of. LoL

Got an acert in the shop. I think is putting boost into ths crankcase. If i pressurise the system I get pressure out the breather. I feel it comin out the high pressure turbo oil ports. But not the low pressure. Not gettin any oil thru the compressor side though. Never had this on a cat before. Anyone ever had this? Takes very little pressure frel it comin out

Got an acert in the shop. I think is putting boost into ths crankcase. If i pressurise the system I get pressure out the breather. I feel it comin out the high pressure turbo oil ports. But not the low pressure. Not gettin any oil thru the compressor side though. Never had this on a cat before. Anyone ever had this? Takes very little pressure frel it comin out

Had a BXS do this, took the turbo cartridge off and put a little shop air In the oil supply and plugged the drain with a rag. Air was rushing out from behind the wheel. Truck had normal blowby at idle but coated the trailer with oil under load.

Had a BXS do this, took the turbo cartridge off and put a little shop air In the oil supply and plugged the drain with a rag. Air was rushing out from behind the wheel. Truck had normal blowby at idle but coated the trailer with oil under load.

I noticed it left a larger than normal spot under the draft tube. Pressurizing the whole intake side, I was surprised because the neadle barely mooved on the air gauge before air started comin out the breather.

We've done a few in the past for this.
Also,
The SDP and LEE had bad valve guides. I don't know when the production for those guides started.
It will act the same way, dump oil out under a load.

Back