P-pump Delivery Valves- Upgrades

gunracer1 said:
i checked my 811s, 191s and my cuts and they all fit the same size hole in the dv holder.

but my cuts look like this pic i stole and modified. i will try to get some picks of all 3 together so you all can see the differance. yea i suck at paint

Gunracer,
hey, i believe you stole the picture from the 131 DV from me... hehe

No prob, just next time you do it, take the full size photo, not just the thumbnail, its in this forum on page 5! id love to see it more in detail, and bigger!

thanks a lot!

Smokem did you change the DV aswell as the holder to 181's or just the holder to 181 and keep the 131 DV?

Ahh ok, it looked in the cutaway that the holder fit tight to the edge in the pump. Must be there is a slight area round that allows a bigger holder? I haven't been able to get into my pump recently to investigate as I'm using the truck a lot right now.

Travis

but i dont get what the outside size of the holder has to do with fuel flow!
anyone lighten me up on this? is it hard material?

here are some more pics of a 131 i just made,

So I wonder if there is a way to "Add" surface area to a 131 DV holder as I'm sure 181 holders without the DV's are kinda hard to get ahold of.

Travis

a few questions,
maybe i could get ahold of 181 holders, will they give more power together with a 131 dv
then a 181DV and 181holder? how much?

and what gives more power? fuel forced through the holder, or bypassing the holder? sorry i dont really get it

Smokem, let us know the specs, and how it works out! you need another truck meanwhile? :blahblah1:

i run a 215, and have a 160 lying around, i could take out the 131 Dv's and put them in my 215, just keep the 181 holders, would that be worht the hassle? dont have a socket yet! or with what else can it be opened??

So, when you take a pump to the shop to get calibrated, are they actually adusting something? Is there actual adjustments to fine tune each line to be within a set cc's? Or, is it restricting flow to match the others? Just trying to figure out how places like Scheids can get 1000cc's out of the pump.

jambbii said:
I wish I would have taken a pic of my 191s next to my 131s. I had the 191s out today and I have a spare set of 131s laying around.

for the sake of having a reference here you go

100_1198.jpg

100_1202.jpg

131 on the left, 191 on the right. As far as I know these are unmolested DV's, the 191's will most likely be cut soon though.

THis is an interesting thread

question is tho, can you compensate for over flowing the fire with fuel by just adjusting the starwheel and plate? I have a modded afc, so theres no starwheel

what can be done to get the most power out of laser cut dvs? i have 181's around, but these full cuts seem to be a major kick over stock 181s

your thoughts guys?

Rick

TxDiesel007 said:
THis is an interesting thread

question is tho, can you compensate for over flowing the fire with fuel by just adjusting the starwheel and plate? I have a modded afc, so theres no starwheel

what can be done to get the most power out of laser cut dvs? i have 181's around, but these full cuts seem to be a major kick over stock 181s

your thoughts guys?

Rick

The star wheel doesn't do anything except pre-load the AFC spring, that's it! Makes it stronger or weaker. If it's too tight it will limit full travel.

Jim

Back