hrvp finally dead pedaled

well the ecm didn't fix it...it has codes the other one never had..almost every sensor is out of range or something. ive got all kinds of codes I never seen before..oh yeah..and the smarty wont ****ing work either

im so over this mthrfkr...idk what to do next. gonna put the original ecm back on..haven't even got my money back from the ****in vp I changed for nothing and sent back...dammit fuk fuk fuk

my feed business is gone..not even getting calls anymore..blew so many people off for so long that they don't even bother now...cant haul ****...cant even haul cows to the market

idk whats next...ive done it all..there isn't anything left

Last edited:
Have full coverage insurance? Accidents happen every day.

Does really suck to hear it's still messed up though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

do any of you guys know where the 5v supply originates? from the pcm? I keep getting a 5v supply voltage code..all the sensors use 5v supply..but where does it originate..i thought the ecm but no

do any of you guys know where the 5v supply originates? from the pcm? I keep getting a 5v supply voltage code..all the sensors use 5v supply..but where does it originate..i thought the ecm but no

Depends on what you're trying to read.

It should be from the ECM, why do you say no?

Pin 31 of the PCM (Org) is a 5v Supply to the Trans Solenoid.

Pin 3 of the ECM (Vio/Wht) is a 5v Supply to the Cam sensor.

Pin 10 of the ECM (Org) is a 5V Supply to the MAP Senor and Oil Pressure Sensor.

I would probably pull the harness off the engine and make sure all the grounds are good, connectors are good, and no chafed wires. Almost sounds like you have a wiring problem.

ok..the codes I got are

p1693

230transfer pump out of range
237map voltage too low
380htr relay circuit 1
381htr relay circuit 2
521oil press sensor rationality
1488aux 5v output too low
1689 no comm between ecm and vp
1698 no buss from pcm

I didn't even have these codes with the old ecm....im so fukin sick of this

after I cleared them with the smarty...I still got the 1488 and the 237. I cannot find any problem with the wiring...the plugs and all the connections look good...the check engine light comes on soon as ya turn on the key and doesn't go away

I didn't even test drive it..i just puked from tossing another 900 bucks at it for nothing and went in the house...I got a hellish cold and I really cant deal with this ****

Pin 31 of the PCM (Org) is a 5v Supply to the Trans Solenoid.

Pin 3 of the ECM (Vio/Wht) is a 5v Supply to the Cam sensor.

Pin 10 of the ECM (Org) is a 5V Supply to the MAP Senor and Oil Pressure Sensor.

when I checked incoming voltage to the map I got 5.2..on the signal wire it varied with boost...could it not be getting back to the ecm somehow..the harness is pristine..cant find anything on it...

when I checked incoming voltage to the map I got 5.2..on the signal wire it varied with boost...could it not be getting back to the ecm somehow..the harness is pristine..cant find anything on it...

Did you look under the wire loom at all? Are those ECMs vin coded? Not sure how the communicate with the PCM or if there is a PCM?

Was it a rebuilt ECM or just a used one? Might be NFG.

Last edited:
rebuilt unit from flagship1....edge is off everything. ecm was flashed for my truck but it does have a different vin or something on it cuz the smarty knows it sintthe same one...gonna put the original ecm back on..
everything works like it should..tach all the other gauges...just runs like its in limp mode..it did run good for a short time after the vp swapped back to the original...like a ile..then on the way home the chk eng light came on and back to no power limp mde

the pcm does reduce voltage for the ecm feed tho? cuz im not much of a diagram guy I cant tell. doesn't it feed the ecm reduced voltage..or just regulate it into the rest of the truck. im thinking whatever feeds the voltage to the ecm is reducing it too far or it isn't sending a signal to the ecm so it thinks it is getting low voltage

I cannot find aux 5v anywhere in the diagram..5v yes but not aux 5v feed...guess its just the scanner reading diff...

but the new ecm is crap anyways since the smarty cannot read it. I know it is on the stock tune and the vin was sposed to be loaded into the reman ecm..theoretically the smarty shouldn't know one from the other

Back