Foam cannons are amazing

I hand wash EVERY FEW TIMES..BUT WHEN ITS REAL BAD OR like the THE FREIGHTLINER..CAMPER...ALL THE DAM TRLRS..THAT CANNON SURE SAVES ALOTTA ELBOWS...sometimes I use a soft brush to scrub the foam ....I was amazed how well it worked really

That's basically what these guys did. Foam it, then hand wash with microfiber or whatever while foam was on.

I foam cannon every wash, makes life so easy. Chemical guys soap is the best I have found. If your soap is running off to quickly you need a thicker mixture. During the summer I typically have to only do one hand wash a month.

I use a foam cannon and slave labor.
ab667550a2ff070cb38e1e4830fdfcb6.jpg

Then I end up washing it again because like most free labor they aren’t any good.

Any of you messed with quartz or ceramic coatings on your vehicles? I picked up some mother's ceramic wash but haven't cleaned the truck enough to apply it yet

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Any of you messed with quartz or ceramic coatings on your vehicles? I picked up some mother's ceramic wash but haven't cleaned the truck enough to apply it yet

I was wondering about the DIY options too...

I was wondering about the DIY options too...
I put the guyeon quartz coating on my wheels in hopes cleaning would be easier. My only feedback is that I had a ton of time in cleaning prep and brake dust still sticks to the wheels enough the car wash will only remove part of it

I applied a 6 month ceramic coat to one of my trucks over the Christmas break. Cleaned the truck best I could, clay bar the paint, applied produce.

I used ExoForma brand. Ceramic spray coating 6h. Their YouTube add got me. It applied easy but took some rubbing and buffing to fully remove the rainbow color haze it leaves behind. I suggest a high quality micro fiber rag for the buffing. I had one clean micro fiber from mothers and it made a difference.

Overall I’m glad I did it. They state it’s a 6 month application. 8oz bottle will do several full size trucks. I did all exposed painted surfaces and windows. Maybe used 1oz of product. This was my first time.

9f5e4a103167629c000e0944f6ebb5a8.jpg

What did that run? I think my quartz coating was ~$50 and I only got the 4 wheels coated. I think it said 8 wheels.

Just realized how much time and money I’ve saved driving a 2nd gen with no paint for a couple years haha

Just realized how much time and money I’ve saved driving a 2nd gen with no paint for a couple years haha
My issue is growing up barely above poor and never having anyone tell me car finish care mattered because we were all driving junk. Now that I'm not in that position I struggle with putting the effort forth.

My issue is growing up barely above poor and never having anyone tell me car finish care mattered because we were all driving junk. Now that I'm not in that position I struggle with putting the effort forth.

Understood but it’s always a good idea to take care of what you have. My uncle was single and drove a truck and wasn’t home much so he lived in a house trailer. Was the nicest one I’ve ever seen. Landscaped, nothing sat outside and grass was perfect. (Lack of money was not his issue, never being home was) But not having money is no excuse for neglecting stuff. Soap and water is cheap.

Understood but it’s always a good idea to take care of what you have. My uncle was single and drove a truck and wasn’t home much so he lived in a house trailer. Was the nicest one I’ve ever seen. Landscaped, nothing sat outside and grass was perfect. (Lack of money was not his issue, never being home was) But not having money is no excuse for neglecting stuff. Soap and water is cheap.
Trying to get it out of me.
e6cfe946a6a257c86f51b00cebf04e94.jpg

Instagram advertised the chemical guys fender well cleaner since you guys bullied me into buying the suds wash. I think I might actually order some because the wheel wells always piss me off.

Try a soft bristle brush and Ajax for inner fenders. Why waste money on soap at all?

Any scrubbing on a painted surface without constant flow of water to consistently rinse the wash mitt of grit is only sanding the surface.

Truck looks good.

Last edited:
Try a soft bristle brush and Ajax for inner fenders. Why waste money on soap at all?

Any scrubbing on a painted surface without constant flow of water to consistently rinse the wash mitt of grit is only sanding the surface.

Truck looks good.
Thank you. It's starting to show it's age. One of the cleaners I used last summer caused the chrome cladding on the plastic grille to delaminate. None of it has flaked off yet but it's bubbled and webbed.
On another note, I'm thinking about taking it to a detailer and letting them get the paint back in order. That way I am just maintaining rather than repairing.

Last edited:
Back