Camping at SDX??

collin_bucko

Anyone ever camped at the grounds at SDX? Id like to bring my 5th wheel down for the event that weekend instead of dealing with hotels and crowded parking lots? Is there a way to reserve a site or is it first come first serve kind of deal? Thanks!!

Anyone ever camped at the grounds at SDX? Id like to bring my 5th wheel down for the event that weekend instead of dealing with hotels and crowded parking lots? Is there a way to reserve a site or is it first come first serve kind of deal? Thanks!!

I have camped there. I liked it better than a hotel because it's convenient for ac, food, and drinks. It's always been first come first serve unless they have changed it in the past few years. Make sure you get there a day before the event to get a spot with electric and water.

Plus I think it was pretty cheap to rent a site, for some reason im thinking like 75 bucks for the weekend? I might be wrong its been a few years. As opposed to 150 a night for a hotel room.

First come, first serve. Something like 25-30 bucks a night. Camped there the past 3 years and plan on doing it again this year. Just be warned, it gets retarded in spots on the grounds at night too. We just stay to ourselves.

Do you think I would have a hard time getting a spot if I showed up on Friday morning? I don't think its gonna be possible for me to take Thursday off from work and I have to travel from western Wi to get there... Electric and water is not a huge deal. I have a generator and wont go through a full tank of water in one weekend.

Get there several days in advance if you want electric or water. I've always just camped in a regular spot and brought a generator. I prefer camping because as mentioned it is convenient to go to the events and return for ac and food when you want. It gets beyond stupid at night but people don't mess with you or your stuff.

It is usually a pretty good time just walking around at night meeting people putting a face to the names.

There are still open camping spots with water and electric. There were a lot more campers here than I thought would be being it's only tuesday

We will be rolling in Friday morning. Hopefully we can find a spot. Last year we had to park all goofy because security said we couldent park in the south camping area, but by early afternoon there were a bunch of campers there. Hopefully after last year's security scam things are a little better.

Well we plan on rolling in Thursday evening. Not too worried about water or electric. I'm bringing my big generator and have a large on board tank. I just hope to get a decent parking spot and hopefully not next to any douchebags.

They are organizing the non electric/water spots this year. They have have a bunch of flags and lines were you are supposed to park your campers

Well chit cant get out of here until tomorrow afternoon should be in around 8. #bigboyprobz Who said starting a business was a good idea? LOL

Will be working all weekend again. Missed it last year as well. Damn refinery turnarounds

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back