Floor jacks

BigPapa

Truckless
My old Craftsman 3-Ton Floor Jack has finally given up the ghost. It's served me well for over 20 years. I found a thread on floor jacks from 2014, figure things have changed since then.

What do you recommend?

It's just for personal use, maybe 3-4 times a month, so I don't need a $500 jack but I don't want junk either. Don't need an exotic metal light weight since it lives in the shop and won't be transported anywhere.

I do not personally have one of these, but I have heard from several people that this one stands above the other low-ish priced floor jacks.
https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/jacks-jack-stands/floor-jacks/3-ton-low-profile-super-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-yellow-63183.html

Which seems to be a knockoff of this...
Snap-on Store

If youre open to repairing your Craftsman jack, Ive ordered seal kits from Lazzars a couple of times and been very pleased with them.
Seal Kits- Craftsman (Sears) | Lazzar's Floor Jack Repair Parts

The harbor freight are unfortunately decent for what we need. If I was you I'd go with the long reach/higher lift model

Two blue Dayton's in my shop, one long and one about 3" shorter.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Thanks, fellows.

After I found the manual for the old Craftsman I had, it was actually a 2.25-ton jack. I ended up picking up a 2-ton from Harbor Freight. The Craftsman had handled everything I need it for. The heaviest thing I have is a 3415 Ford tractor.

The link 1320Cummins posted should have seal kit for the Craftsman. I'll see if I can get a seal kit and rebuild it.

Back