What to look out for...

SHughes

Too much is never enough!
in a 2013 Regular Cab Long Bed DuraMax/Allison with 263,000 miles? Has B&W 5th wheel and Gooseneck hitches. Bed is a bit beat up and it has a few dents here and there. Clearly used for towing, a lot, possibly hot shotting. I don't know much about it, as I haven't called about it yet.

Just wondering what to look more closely at...Tie rods? Exhaust brake? Deletes/tuner?

Asking price is $22,500 and KBB puts it around $16-17,000.

Thoughts? Advice?

Seems way over priced for that many miles and body style.
CP4 is a concern on the LML even with low miles (cp4 explodes and $8k later for a complete fuel system), emissions stuff will be expensive to replace if going that route. The rest of these trucks are pretty solid but I've not driven one with near that many miles.
Hotshot rigs are usually trashed and will most likely be a money pit. Maybe ask Adam what his thoughts are.

OK...other than the price...I assume that is negotiable. What should a person be concerned about in such a high mileage LML?

I'm no help there.
The front end would need looked over very closely if it was mine.

22k seams high,more like ****it price, if rest of the truck is in similar condition as the bed..
Cp4 is my biggest fear of LML trucks?
guessing SRW truck?
My front is due to be rebuilt.. can't hold toe adjustment.. but I have 354k. With just BJ and idler arm replaced.
I paid 17k for my 07.5 LMM rclb with 98k on it, in 2012 Mine was very clean, Michigan truck with minimal surface rust.

Mileage doesn't scare me.. brakes, shocks, steering will most likely need addressed if they haven't been already

Last edited:
Well. 20k is pay off for the lady...husband left her and the truck. KBB puts it at 14k, body is rougher than i thought.

All highway miles transporting 5th wheels from factory to dealer. Never been modded at all. Tie rods are newer and needs one ball joint. Has three codes too...p0191, p0674, p21dd.

Wife said no anyways.

My brother n law sold his 4dr 2012 with about the same miles for 12.5k. 4*4 truck that was decent and took him awhile to get that.

A fuel, glow plug and emission system code plus front end work makes every major issue/flaw on the truck needs attention. She's in a bad situation but it's still not worth what's owed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here (I'm not too far from you) regular cab duramaxs' seem to bring a pretty penny. but hey if you're looking on the other end of the spectrum I've got a low mile (almost 400k) ex cab short bed 03 lb7 I'd sure sell ya for a reasonable price! LOL

Around here (I'm not too far from you) regular cab duramaxs' seem to bring a pretty penny. but hey if you're looking on the other end of the spectrum I've got a low mile (almost 400k) ex cab short bed 03 lb7 I'd sure sell ya for a reasonable price! LOL

What are you wanting for the 03? Is it 4WD or 2WD and is it stock or modded?

What are you wanting for the 03? Is it 4WD or 2WD and is it stock or modded?

It is 4wd, bone stock, pewter in color, had injectors cp3, and a few other things done about a year ago at DPE (site sponser). dent in the right front fender and rear bumper is crap. Still runs, drives, and pulls a trailer everyday. I'd like to get 5k for it, probably more than most people would give for a duramax with almost 400k on it though! PM me if you are interested at all

It is 4wd, bone stock, pewter in color, had injectors cp3, and a few other things done about a year ago at DPE (site sponser). dent in the right front fender and rear bumper is crap. Still runs, drives, and pulls a trailer everyday. I'd like to get 5k for it, probably more than most people would give for a duramax with almost 400k on it though! PM me if you are interested at all

I'll have to think about it... more than I'd like to spend, but that's what I'm looking for...

Back