Cummins isx tuning

Ram12vcummins

Not sure if I should put this here.

My father has picked up an 07 w9 with a isx 565. We are replacing the entire Underhood harnesses due to fire. We are also tossing the idea of an egr delete and some tuning. Have no experience with this engine so any pointers are appreciated. After some reading I've found a few places saying removing the egr isn't necessary as it is fine with proper maintenance. But when issues arise can be annoying to find them. What would you guys reccomend and who for the tuning? I'm pretty sure we are wanting to delete it but have it look factory as if it were still in place.

Pull the egr cooler and weld freeze plugs in both ends and het it tuned. Get that egr off asap. ISX engines are junk imo, we have 2 in the shop right now with holes in the block and 1 with broken rings.

My dad went through this on a 06 378. Deleted the egr and put a different intake pipe? on it. Hourglass shaped piece in intake manifold. Tuned it and it ran good.

ELM repair in Edgar WI did the work.

I will second that they are terrible engines though, they don't seem to be very long life, before and after the egr and tune.

Getting rid of the VGT usually leaves us with unhappy customers. We leave them on unless they are fully aware their exhaust braking is going to be much worse.

The vgt turbo is used for additional exhaust braking on top of the jakes on an isx. There is a loss of braking power.

Back