P pump experts needed

hummin cummins

I bought an 01 truck that was p-pumped by haisley and I was told by another shop, that apparently they used a 12v or earlier 24v cam gear and the tack doesn't work. Besides taking it apart and using the right cam gear, is there anything I can do to make the factory tack work correctly? Does anyone know how many pickup points an 01 needs to see? Thanks for any help

is there a cam sensor mounted on the timing case?
if its not the correct gear, its not going to have a tach.

The cam should have a tone ring for 01. You could pull the sensor and put a scope in the hole to see that it has one. Maybe it is just a faulty cam sensor. Otherwise changing the gear isnt a real hard process.

sa7ugupa.jpg
. Here is what I could find it shows the difference between the two

probably didnt want to or have the tools to change gears out on the cam that was installed into the truck.

If Haisley did the swap I highly doubt it was due to not having tools. The owner of the truck probably didnt want to spend the extra money to do it or a gear wasnt quickly available. Its not hard at all to do. I think I have a few of the gears around yet. I have a box of them in the office I need to send to Jesse for adjustables. Does the cover at least have the cam sensor and relocator in the hole or just the standard 12V timing pin? You could use a 12V tach sender and wire it in to the 24V cam sensor wiring. I believe years ago I read someone did that and it read correct. I havent tried that yet to verify but it may be something to look at doing.

Back