Photobucket

Still no answer on how one could possibly "repair" their build thread on here.
Put them in an imgur gallery with the same exact file names as they were on photobucket and kindly ask a mod to do search and replace for you. if thats too much work for the mod team, then just copy/paste the text in a new thread with the newly linked pics.

585C718B-4FC6-45CB-86BE-CA42DD349B59_zpshz94ahrm.jpg

I'm hoping they reduce the cost. I don't want to relink all my stuff but don't wanna pay. So I'm gonna sit and see if they drop it down based on low buy in. I'd be more than happy to pay $100 for a reliable add free hosting site.

I can't even get on there to delete my stuff before my laptop crashes from all the ads. It's blocked at work because it's considered "Social Media", so I can't do it on my work computer, either.

I'm hoping they reduce the cost. I don't want to relink all my stuff but don't wanna pay. So I'm gonna sit and see if they drop it down based on low buy in. I'd be more than happy to pay $100 for a reliable add free hosting site.

This!

Frankly, I think this is extortion from PB's owners.

What's the main use that people have for a picture-hosting website? Duh. Damn near every DIY thread out there has been ruined by this bullshiot.

Thing is, whats to stop imgur or the other hosting sites from doing the exact same thing. Bunch of BS.

Last edited:
Frankly, I think this is extortion from PB's owners.

What's the main use that people have for a picture-hosting website? Duh. Damn near every DIY thread out there has been ruined by this bullshiot.

Thing is, whats to stop imgur or the other hosting sites from doing the exact same thing. Bunch of BS.

Tom's new image hosting site "Photobac". For use on automotive type forums only, of course. :cheer:

Exactly my thoughts. Lets say I go through and fix the 3 threads I really care about with a different host. I'd bet my balls that no more than 7 minutes after I go through that crap the new hosting site would do the same thing and start charging.

What is actually involved in building your own server for a small application like this? I'm completely green on this topic.

Last edited:
Well, I bit the bullet and paid photobucket. I just finished disputing the money. I couldn't get photobucket to run even after I sent the money.

Mine's still working but thinking about it more, I think several years back I paid to have mine upgraded to hold more pics. I'm guessing that is why mine has no issues.

Mine's still working but thinking about it more, I think several years back I paid to have mine upgraded to hold more pics. I'm guessing that is why mine has no issues.

Ditto on this! Mine is still working. I think they have to wait until it expires.

WOW!! I logged in to photobucket this morning and was able to function normally with it. I went back to my post and my pics show again. My computer did not lock up. Looks like I should release the pay-pal dispute, huh?

Back