Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

blacksmokeracin said:
Can yall post some pics of your brackets before they were attached to your trucks so i can get some ideas for building mine?

Thanks

Adam

Look at this post
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=269258&postcount=14

i'm not gonna give exact measurements because i dont have any...but if you have questions about the material I used, i can help you, we have the same body style so that design should work for you.

Kino Fab here is my '06 set up.

100_1874.jpg

100_1876.jpg

100_1875.jpg

100_1880.jpg

BullfrogJohnson said:
heres mine, it has held 1400lbs many times

Do you have any pics from the other side, maybe of it removed from the truck?

I had an idea similar to that for mine, just need some more ideas

one from the side.

The bars were it slides into the frame is just 3x3 square notched about 1.5 to clear the cross bar in the frame rail. just slides in and is bolted where the factory tow hooks were.

Attachments

• bar2.JPG
    bar2.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
BullfrogJohnson said:
one from the side.

The bars were it slides into the frame is just 3x3 square notched about 1.5 to clear the cross bar in the frame rail. just slides in and is bolted where the factory tow hooks were.

thats exactly what I needed to see......thanks

IC-Smoke said:
pics120.jpg

meyer plow bracket is what the weight bracket is bolted up to

Ian

That looks awful close to the ground.

Have you ever had any trouble getting on the scales?

Sledpuller told me that if my weights hit the scale he would :kick:

JOHNBOY said:
That looks awful close to the ground.

Have you ever had any trouble getting on the scales?

Sledpuller told me that if my weights hit the scale he would :kick:

yeah Ive had to back on the scales a few times. Im going to raise them up 8" this spring :bang

kino_fab said:
Thanks Johny. How much wieght do you think it can handle?

I have had 800 on it and it was fine. It could be beefed up a little on the back side of the bumper location bolts but so far holding good. Depends on how rough you want to be with it.

I plan making mine for the dodge to slide into my meyer plow mount, i have the round tube style mount, should i use solid tube or a thick wall tube?

house said:
I plan making mine for the dodge to slide into my meyer plow mount, i have the round tube style mount, should i use solid tube or a thick wall tube?

let me know if you want some of that solid tubing, I got lots of it. I store it at my ocean front property in KY too. ;)

:bang :hehe:

just messing with ya Joe. :poke: :Cheer:

How low is too low?

How low is too low to clear the scales? I want to make sure the weights don't hit the scale how high is safe enough to be able to clear so I don't need to back on?

front weight bar ?

i am going to be fabricating a front weight bar for a friend and myself. He has an 02 duramax reg cab and i have an 05 dodge reg cab. My question is how much weight can the front of the truck handle? His only weighs 6300 and mine weighs a touch over 6700. We are going to be pulling in an 8500# class. Will are front ends take a ton of weight on them? If so what kind of ideas would you guys have to build something that would be strong enough to hold it? He has a factory bumper and i have a ranchhand with a receiver on the front. If i make something to slide in there will that be too much weight for the bumper to handle? thanks alot

Dmax is easy....take the tow hooks out and get some 3"x3" square tube (I used 1/4" wall) and cut enough tube away to where it slides right under the round cross member that goes through the frame. Mine go in like 4 or 5" with about 2" cut down to clear the tube.

If you come straight out, you'll have issues with the weights dragging the ground and the scales, etc. I miter cut mine into 2 pcs which angle up to keep the weights up.

Of course pay attention to the weights you use and design it so that the forwardmost part of the weight is at 60" from the axle centerline (or a hair less, to keep the tech inspector happy).

You got a lot of weight that you can hang out on the nose...1800lb. will bend that ranch hand all to hell. Don't know what to tell you on yours, but NWPADMAX is right on the dirtymax. Remember...Hang it as far forward as possible but they can't exceed 60" from the centerline of the front axle.

Back