2012 SDX Drag Race Rules

2012 SDX Drag Rules

12.0 Index - 12 Second Index. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for
speed/ET

Pro-Street- Heads Up 4900 pound Minimum. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. Aftermarket transmission permitted. No limit on power adders. Trucks must be able to run 11.49 or quicker to enter this class.
****Broke singles will be removed from 1st round of eliminations. The ladder will be made per the number of trucks left in the field.****

Pro Mod- Head Up All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. No limit on power adders. Aftermarket transmissions allowed.

Pro Dragster- Heads up All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. No limit on power adders. Aftermarket transmissions allowed.

2012 SDX Drag Rules

12.0 Index - 12 Second Index. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for
speed/ET

Pro-Street- Heads Up 4900 pound Minimum. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. Aftermarket transmission permitted. No limit on power adders. Trucks must be able to run 11.49 or quicker to enter this class.
****Broke singles will be removed from 1st round of eliminations. The ladder will be made per the number of trucks left in the field.****

Pro Mod- Head Up All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. No limit on power adders. Aftermarket transmissions allowed.

Pro Dragster- Heads up All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. No limit on power adders. Aftermarket transmissions allowed.

What about a fuel cell in a super street truck?

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.
Where do you see a superstreet class?
I'd assume you mean a 7.70 class right?

Well actually i dont even see any 1/8m stuff there so im going off of last years classes where it was 7.70 then super street then pro street.

It wasnt super street last year it was super stock which was the 2.6 class. Its 7.70 index which is what it has always been at the 1/8th mile tracks

Ok so if your faster then 7.70 you run in what class? There is something between 7.70 and pro street isnt there?

Ok so if your faster then 7.70 you run in what class? There is something between 7.70 and pro street isnt there?

Nope its put up or shutup! Cut a good light and hope we cant walk ya down!

LOL aight i dont care im just trying to figure out the details.

It will be fun anyway.

still trying to get ready for the race. started putting the cage in tonight so that should be done this weekend. can somebody give me kinda the highlights of what all i need to run 6.90. i know i know search search search. i work 10 hour days so my time is limited and i would really appreciate the help. my wife will be running the truck and i dont want to make a 7 hour haul and us not get to run it.

still trying to get ready for the race. started putting the cage in tonight so that should be done this weekend. can somebody give me kinda the highlights of what all i need to run 6.90. i know i know search search search. i work 10 hour days so my time is limited and i would really appreciate the help. my wife will be running the truck and i dont want to make a 7 hour haul and us not get to run it.

Pretty much just roll bar or cage, battery straps, drive shaft loops, helmet, harness, air shutoff is always a good idea, dont forget a fire jacket also! That should take care of most of it

Just a jacket or pants too? Factory battery hold downs are not enough? Rules on the harness?

Yes factory tie downs on the battery are fine. You shouldn't need fire pants till a 6.50 i believe. And a 5 point harness is required i think.

I have everything but the 5 point. How could i find out for sure on that?

sent him a message hopfully he gets back to me soon. trying to figure out if i'm going to have to change the seat to do the 5 point

Back