68rfe Tuning

Justinsixseven

I have some questions regarding 68rfe Tuning and shift firmness. If anyone would be willing to answer a few questions I’d really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firmer shifts: raise your minimum line pressure to 120, and raise your pressure gains to .5 or so across the board.
Dead pedal when the converter is locked will be in your pedal and torque tables.

Firmer shifts: raise your minimum line pressure to 120, and raise your pressure gains to .5 or so across the board.
Dead pedal when the converter is locked will be in your pedal and torque tables.

For a firmer shift do you move the gain number closer or further from zero

That gets a bit more tricky. I'd start with just minimum pressure and the pressure gains. Most all trans tunes that I've seen have been based off of the H&S OD tune. The original Revmax tcm tunes were just that, h&s OD tunes, line for line.

That gets a bit more tricky. I'd start with just minimum pressure and the pressure gains. Most all trans tunes that I've seen have been based off of the H&S OD tune. The original Revmax tcm tunes were just that, h&s OD tunes, line for line.

Do a majority of tunes just deal with line pressure, shift points, and TC lockup?

No all of the other stuff is adjusted as well. Just a lot more to it. And there's a lot of different parameters there, not just the handful for shift points, pressure and lockup.
There's no problem with just adjusting those for the most part though.

No all of the other stuff is adjusted as well. Just a lot more to it. And there's a lot of different parameters there, not just the handful for shift points, pressure and lockup.
There's no problem with just adjusting those for the most part though.

I think the pressure gains are already more than .5. Also can’t you run like 170 psi of LP?

Back