3.0 Body rule

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
Need some clarification on the body rule in 3.0. Long story short its a 60's Dodge all steel body on a modern Dodge chassis BUT Its been made into a tilt body. That being said it has an aftermarket firewall and floor to accommodate the tilt. So the rules is pretty vague beyond "Trucks must remain stock appearing. Must have full size steel or OEM type body" Which the body is stock apearing 100%... Discuss

:thankyou2:

Last edited:
PPL. Kusilek can't read rules and built it anyway. It should be outlawed at ppl events but they won't do it. If you notice he has to bolt it down and not lift it at any of the events.

What section of the rules? Ive seen it up at many events. Not calling you a liar but I just want solid evidence where it says this is outlawed before we go blow some money on a chassis thats no good

Seems ppl changed their rules which is bs! Our east coast rules were a direct copy of theirs and ours state no tilt bodies so I guess they allow them now since he can't read a rule book. You need to call who ever org your trying to run with.

Last edited:
You need to call I guess and ask. If your allowed that really pisses me off. I was going to do a lift body on mine but PPL said no way but now it looks like its OK. Or at least not worded in a way to not allow them

Yea we tried to call the head tech today to see but no answer. So I figured I'd get some input from some who might have dealt with the gray area or looking for any info I can get at the moment

Guess I'm the wrong one to comment since our East Coast says no tilt bodies. Which was a direct copy of theirs till now

Wess truck is a full cab on a frame that lifts off the truck frame so it still is all oem cab. He is supposed to have it bolted down whenever he is pulling. so it isant a tilt body like a mod

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Tilt Body

I say if someone wants to do a tilt body let them. Fullpull will allow it with all OEM parts. I was going to do this, But when I add up the weight of the additional box tubing, bracketry hydraulic cylinder, hoses and additional fluid, It's going to add a minimum of 200 lbs to the backside of the truck. So in my mind if someone wants to do a (steal) lift body, It's acually at a disadvantage.

from what I was told a tilt body is fine... What they don't want is an open floor like some of the mod trucks... So as long as you have a metal firewall and full floor you should be good to go.

Back