Starter stuck on, now entire truck is dead

oil_burner

Truck has brand new batterys from tsc in it and starter was rebuilt last fall, it sat out in the cold for about 5 days with broken front driveshaft and hole in the extension housing. Went to move it in the shop to fix the housing and it barely cranked, so i hooked my toyota up to jump it and let it charge for a good 20 minutes. Went to start it and it cranked real slow again like it before, cycled the grid heater and tried again with a little either hoping it would take off. It cranked real slow again a few times, i turned the key back and pulled it out, and its still trying to turn over! It stops after a few seconds and i put the key back in and no power at all to anything, no dome lights no buzzers nothing has any power to it, like it has no batterys at all in it. I cant find any fuses blown anywhere. Thinking maybe the contacts melted together in the starter but i would still think i would have some kind of key-on power. Just wondering if theres anything else i can check before laying in the snow to pull the starter.

i unhooked them as soon as it happened. messed with it some more today and swapped the relays around and now its got power and cranking right, batterys on trickle charge for the night.

Starter relay was stuck open. Swapped it with the one next to it, cant remember exactly what its for right now but everything is back to normal.

Back