What could cause this?

Turbo is likely toast too.
We see that, and that stupid grid heater kill more perfectly good engines than I care to think about. So much for the indestructible Cummins. Seems like they are going backwards.

Yeah well, everyone guesses,but one dude has to spend coin to correct. Really no winners here. Sorry for the shitty luck man.

that sucks the worst...fkn new engine mostly ..bummer..hope this isnt something i got to look forward to.....man i swear..isnt there anything out there ianymore snt a pos?
how many miles on it

What is the issue or design flaw causing this problem? Not going to say common, but I’ve heard about it more than a few times.

High cylinder temps to burn hydrocarbons. EPA forced standards meeting the needs of production testing, but real world long term physics are moot.

I will concede since I stated it vaguely. ?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Good call, I missed that until now when I went back and looked again.

Yeah well, everyone guesses,but one dude has to spend coin to correct. Really no winners here. Sorry for the shitty luck man.

Definitely no real winners, just shows the vast knowledge of the folks around here. And like you said, one guy has to pay to fix it.

that sucks the worst...fkn new engine mostly ..bummer..hope this isnt something i got to look forward to.....man i swear..isnt there anything out there ianymore snt a pos?
how many miles on it

Truck has 180k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess I am a bit sadistic when it comes to engine diag.

My opinion is that the interference fit of the seat is at an economical margin for assembly cost, where a better (tighter) fit would cost more due to time of production involved. It works for 98% of the engines at OEM hp level, but when you hotrod, you potentially heat cycle the assembly until the interference fit is gone.
I had new seats installed in my 03 head on my mutant engine to try and prevent this issue.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

on this..my deleted 6.7 07.5. was 42 this morning...sure looked like the grid heater was cyclng..volt meter was up and down..healdights dimming..the drill...cant believe its still on there..truck beng new to me..ill be checking tonite and after seeing this...that fkr is gone tonite

Yea you damn sure don’t need one down there. I manage just fine up here without one on my dinosaur. 14° was just a little rowdy, but started fine on one battery.

on this..my deleted 6.7 07.5. was 42 this morning...sure looked like the grid heater was cyclng..volt meter was up and down..healdights dimming..the drill...cant believe its still on there..truck beng new to me..ill be checking tonite and after seeing this...that fkr is gone tonite

Just purchase one from Uncle Gayle. He'd love to sell you a monster ram and take care of your concerns. :D

Back