Primer Gray P-Pump 1st Gen Build

rdix7991

Grumpy
So here’s the deal. I’m going to start posting pics of this junk truck I bought a few weeks ago. I don’t have much time to give details on what I’m doing, but will be able to respond to comments and questions. It’s a 1989 first gen 2wd. I had hoped to get it running with the VE pump and new injectors but it seems the truck had been sitting up for too long and the pump was shot. Here are a few pics to get going. Just to be clear HP and overall goals for truck are unknown. Honestly if this pile is running and driving in a few weeks I would be ecstatic.
Pics to follow...

D66_EEF46_A653_4_E44_BF1_B_A927_D180_AECE.jpg
[/url]

Here is my junk. As you can see in the pictures the VE pump is junk. And you can see it’s replacment.

Jason, put down the Busch light and go install a band in your tranny.....

OP, what’s the price on that burned down VE?

Last edited:
I’m tired of those cheap crappy engine stands, so I’m building one to handle the weight of a cummins and possibly an elephant.

AE4626_C2_8501_46_F8_948_A_35099_EE958_A5.jpg

B4448_BA9_D832_45_D4_A32_D_55340_BD47_CC9.jpg

I was slightly confused until I saw the fork lift. Now I'm jealous. ha ha that thing is a beast!
Are you going to do gears/chain to rotate it?

I was slightly confused until I saw the fork lift. Now I'm jealous. ha ha that thing is a beast!
Are you going to do gears/chain to rotate it?

I’m not sure yet. For now it’s gonna have something just to get by. I need to get the VE engine on it tomorrow.

Need ideas on fuel pump for this build. Can I use a factory 12V Mechanical pump? The lobe on the cams look the same. I have a raptor too. What fuel filter setup are 1st gen guys running? Stock fuel filter on the block?

You can use a 12v mechanical pump with some different plumbing. Remove the fuel heater (unless you need it) and run a larger fuel filter. Fleet guard has a different part number that will work for this. You’ll need the delete nipple.

Look in the Geno’s catalog.

Piston pump works great, loctite/stake VE front seal, regulate pump down to 20 psi (regulator or softer spring in pump)

3/8 lines seem to be plenty, personally i get rid of all the stock plumbing & filter and run baldwin bases with Cat filters. There is quite an improvement in fueling getting rid of all the banjo fittings

There is a website where you can buy the piston pump with the different spring already installed to drop the pressure. I can post links and pics of everything this evening when I’m at my laptop.

Back