Give me some guidance

metchosin joe

I have a 98 12 valve with some deep etching on the block from a blown head gasket that was left too long.

So I picked up a 93 low mile complete motor.

My plan is to swap my ppump, pump gear,lines, timing cover etc.
Over to the 93 and run it. I’ll swap my head studs over as well.

Or I swap my 98 head which has 60# valve springs in it over to the 93 block

I read a lot of conflicting information on injector spray patterns and thread pitch from first to second Gen injectors.

The only real difference I see on the heads is the fuel filter setup.

Forgive my some what newbie questions cumminsforum is no help and you guys know what your talking about

The injector spray pattern is the same, but the line end is 12mm on a VE injector and 14mm on the P-7100.
Also, a '98 used a STORM block, same as a 24 valve, although the '93 block will still work.

Mark.

How much do you want for the VE pump you’re taking off to replace with the Pee pump?

Dang it! I’m always late to the party.

OP. I think no matter what you need to have the head surfaced whichever route you choose.

Mark,
Difference only being the main stud size for STORM? I remember your post a while back on this.

Hah! I already PMed him an offer on the pump and also mentioned I was interested in all of the lines, timing case and stuff. :D

As far as block differences, bolt size on the mains is different, a STORM also has extra side reinforcements and 2 more bolt holes for motor mounts.

Mark.

I see the ve is a hot ticket item

I’m just trying to get my truck back on The road
The ve looks complete maybe I need Do some more learning and run it instead

Hah! I already PMed him an offer on the pump and also mentioned I was interested in all of the lines, timing case and stuff. :D

As far as block differences, bolt size on the mains is different, a STORM also has extra side reinforcements and 2 more bolt holes for motor mounts.

Mark.

Plus the extra oil drain.

SmokinVE has to represent is screen name. Pretty sure he's fond of the pumps. LOL
From what I know from his postings, he know's them better than most. :)

Do you have a closet full of VE pumps? Wtf do you do with all of them?:poke:

He doesn't get 'em all, bought several off of here over the years. :)
Even one that "just leaks" from a guy in NM, with a busted off fuel screw and rust inside.

Mark.

Just think how much money the VE guys save on transmissions and rear tires, ha.

I don't like the racial tone in your post.

Have broken trans parts and plenty of balded out Duallie tires with a tweaked VE.

Although it's now sitting in a box, just don't say it too loudly or the old sharks will swarm. :hehe:

Back