Built Allison getting hotter than normal

is there anything that will pull TCM specific codes outside of a tech 2? I don't think my Edge CTS or EFI Autocal will pull the trans codes that have likely been set.

Last edited:
b41d800da3b2c735ee402ca4614e4bdf.jpg

I own both the Allison tool and a Tech II so I have never worked with anything else much. I used a snap-on a couple times and it was a pile when it came to a duramax and allison so I quit looking. Not sure what all that goo is in the filter but it's not looking very good. If you have a warranty wait and do as he instructs. If your on your own them I would drop the valvebody and see if it all through it and in the valves. There is also a small filter in the valvebody that maybe plugged. IT is small and you wash it out and put it back in place but I would clean the whole valvebody if you get to that point.

Final update - Josh H on here (owner of the dumpster van and slapper of sparkle britches) took everything apart and replaced the C1 clutch pack and converter and flushed everything out. It appears the converter was failing. Mike L stood by his trans and warrantied everything so props to him for customer service after the sale. So far so good on the drive home. If anyone is in East Texas I wouldn't hesitate to take your truck to Top Notch Garage to see Josh.

So it was the C1's or the converter? I've never seen anything like that from a converter but it was a good idea to change it out as they trap everything in them and it's damn hard to get it out unless you cut it open and rebuild it.

So it was the C1's or the converter? I've never seen anything like that from a converter but it was a good idea to change it out as they trap everything in them and it's damn hard to get it out unless you cut it open and rebuild it.

The way I understood it it was the converter - sounded like all of the clutches looked ok except C1 had some blueing so they changed it anyways.

Back