Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NHRDA
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NHRDA Get info on NHRDA events and results here

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #21
smokin247

Name: smokin247
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Start View Post
Is it a diesel only eventm
Yes it is. It's actually called U.S. Diesel Truckin' Nationals
97 nv4500 4x4. 63/68/.83, 5x.014, 025dv, airdog 4g 165, Hellman sump, steedspeed T4, bored .020 over, Mahle pistons, balanced crank, o-rings, valve job, Hamilton 188/220, Hamilton HD pushrods, SDX beehive springs & retainers, valair DD, and every bolt ARP makes.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:24 PM   #22
straight 6 roar

Name: straight 6 roar
Member`s Gallery
Honestly I didn't even think the world finals in Ennis, TX had that great of a turnout this year. I think more advertising would pay off.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #23
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight 6 roar View Post
Honestly I didn't even think the world finals in Ennis, TX had that great of a turnout this year. I think more advertising would pay off.
Boy I don't know, there were a hell of a lot of people there. The vehicle turnout was down for sure.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #24
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Boy I don't know, there were a hell of a lot of people there. The vehicle turnout was down for sure.
All I know was the parking lot was full of "let's park our camper next to these folks' camper and leave our cheap-ass 85dB generator running all night" people. The folks that were there have no respect for anyone.

Other than that, I thought the crowd was a pretty big turn-out, but yes, there could have been more racers...can't have enough really.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #25
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin247 View Post
Everyone is saying east coast events don't have good turn out but the Truckin Nationals at Raceway Park Englishtown NJ had more people then I've ever seen at any type of racing/show event. They had to use their other tracks as parking, stands on both sides of the track were packed to capacity while the show sections were still packed with more people. I'd love to know the head count at that event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfinished business View Post
Believe it or not that is Englishtown's highest grossing event. It even beats out their national events. I think that says something about the attendance.
I was there to open the night show with a bang. All for them to forget to change the tree and I go red in front of everyone. Even after they were reminded twice to change it. Oh well I guess. Crowd loved it it sounded like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xdp2.jpg (69.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg xdp1.jpg (89.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg xdp.jpg (62.4 KB, 0 views)

Old 12-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #26
smokin247

Name: smokin247
Member`s Gallery
The crowd was definitely hyped after watching you launch. I would have loved to see a full pass.
97 nv4500 4x4. 63/68/.83, 5x.014, 025dv, airdog 4g 165, Hellman sump, steedspeed T4, bored .020 over, Mahle pistons, balanced crank, o-rings, valve job, Hamilton 188/220, Hamilton HD pushrods, SDX beehive springs & retainers, valair DD, and every bolt ARP makes.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #27
pbft

Name: pbft
Title: Curmudgeon
Member`s Gallery
I was talking to my son this past summer, he lives in Boise and was thinking about coming out to Woodburn. He wanted to race but didn't want to pay for a NHRDA membership in addition to the race fee just to participate in one race. He didn't feel that that should be an issue but I explained this is a points series and to allow non members to race in an NHRDA race would skew the points standing for member competitors. He wasn't happy with that and wasn't willing to run in the test and tune lane. This may be the reason that the non membership races draw more competitors than the NHRDA races.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #28
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbft View Post
I was talking to my son this past summer, he lives in Boise and was thinking about coming out to Woodburn. He wanted to race but didn't want to pay for a NHRDA membership in addition to the race fee just to participate in one race. He didn't feel that that should be an issue but I explained this is a points series and to allow non members to race in an NHRDA race would skew the points standing for member competitors. He wasn't happy with that and wasn't willing to run in the test and tune lane. This may be the reason that the non membership races draw more competitors than the NHRDA races.
Well Jim since there are not that many racers chasing points and travelling to a lot of races anymore, maybe what NHRDA should consider is allowing non members to race in the different classes but not get points. That way the racer who is a member and who is chasing points who finishes the highest at the race would get the points and the non-members only racing for the money and trophy. It would present a bit of a book keeping hassle but doable. I know that would never fly but I'd bet there would be a considerable bigger turnout of racers, more enjoyable for the fans and bigger payouts since more trucks entered. The races are so far apart that it is difficult to make more than one or two unless you are very dedicated.

Last edited by Subman631; 12-03-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #29
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
I remember something happened that we couldn't make it last year. Really frustrating to have an event like that 2 hrs from the house and not be able to make it. We will be there this year dang it.
You better be. Because, reasons.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #30
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Well Jim since there are not that many racers chasing points and travelling to a lot of races anymore, maybe what NHRDA should consider is allowing non members to race in the different classes but not get points. That way the racer who is a member and who is chasing points who finishes the highest at the race would get the points and the non-members only racing for the money and trophy. It would present a bit of a book keeping hassle but doable. I know that would never fly but I'd bet there would be a considerable bigger turnout of racers, more enjoyable for the fans and bigger payouts since more trucks entered. The races are so far apart that it is difficult to make more than one or two unless you are very dedicated.
Another thought if a person just wanted to race but not for points obviously they wouldn't qualify for the contingencies either unless they joined NHRDA.

Closed Thread