lets see pics of traction bars

Here are the new BDP bars that have recently been installed on my truck. There are front bars that attach to the front of the cradle as well, they just aren't done yet, but you get the picture.

seen your set up last weekend in beans shop deffently slick and love the way they look should keep the truck planted well id say!

Yeah, Bean didn't like my "redneck bars" so he ditched them. Buck does a nice job, and I don't think it will have the bounce this year.

158481.jpg

156672.jpg

156674.jpg

157084.jpg

Same ones are on in this video:

Those are sweet! Best ones I've seen to date...:rockwoot:

Did you fab those with your grandpa's stick welder? J/K man:poke:LOL I like the design. Are those a copy of some expensive ones or did you design them yourself?

naw I just like drinking beer and working on the truck at the same time:doh:
acually it was pretty much a rushed fab job so I just used a torch to cut all the angles, :poke:you'd think those welds looked pretty good if you saw some the the gaps I had to fill:badidea:

the design is basicly something dieselpower77 and I came up with after looking at a lot other people's at the local pulls and on the internet. the spring brackets acually came off of a dodge so I could flip the u-bolts upside down and use them to bolt the bars on with. I just drilled them out to accept bigger bolts becaus the dodge ones looked pretty flemsey to me.

I'd like to make them a little longer and a little more precision built but its not like I'm trying to hold 800 or 900hp to the ground either.

heres my bars there pretty much the same as most people have

Attachments

• tractionbars.jpg
    tractionbars.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 542
  • tractionbars2.jpg
    tractionbars2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 441
  • tractionbars4.jpg
    tractionbars4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 511
  • tractionbars5.jpg
    tractionbars5.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 490
I run GDP Double "X" Bars powder coated Infantry Blue, I like them, But know that a Comp D member had one of them fail on his truck. I've heard that they discountinued them and are updating the design. Rumor?

Here are mine. I had a seperate thread with pics, but ill stick em in here too.

Eric

Attachments

• IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 415
Ok, been pondering this...standard long traction bars that run to the bottom of the frame and bottom of the axle resist the twist of the axle in conjunction with the front (fixed) end of the spring. The axle wants to rotate up, so the spring is in tension and the bar in compression. That will effectively kill wrap, but if you build them in an A frame attached to the top and bottom of the axle with the front hooked to a shackle or similar, it's going to lift at the mounting point vs. push forward at the mounting point like the long ones mounted only to the bottom of the axle. SO, here's my thought/question...if the A frame style is lifting the frame, isn't the other end forcing the axle down and planting the tires harder = better traction?

Here's an example. See the Wraptor. DIY4X are good people. http://www.diy4x.com/suspension.htm

ladder bars 007.jpg

I make these from DOM tubing, they have urethane bushings, provide lots of lift under load, the shackle maintains a good ride and some flexability. These maintain pinion angle, eliminate spring wrap and also transfer weight. A fixed front mounting point, without a housing floater will not allow the rear suspension to work without binding.

That's the best looking I've seen.

Have you ever drug them over a rock or anything? I'd like to build some that will stand some impact abuse. Probably have to end up looking like a desert race truck link.

here a pic of the superlift 20200 kit - unfortunatly I was sent two drivers side axle brackets, so they are not on yet...

A new kit is on its way...

Attachments

• 20200 kit.jpg
    20200 kit.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 314
Does the superlift kit look pretty stout? When you get'em on you'll have to give alil feedback on'em

frame and axle mounting points? 100% yes

The bars themselves? for drag racing and daily driving, no problem. For sledpulling is anyother question - time will tell

I will post when I get them on

Back