4020 took a dump. Ideas?

Agreed. I'm going to look into having the IP ran through and a rebuild kit for the hyd pump while it is all torn down as well. The cam alone at the dealer would hit 3 grand easy. I'd rather spend a grand or so on parts and figure out the labor on my own even if it takes me a month. I just need to find a magnetic follower holder set that I can borrow or rent. :D

After talking to the the mechanic, you can pull the cam without totally removing followers. He did say it's much easier if you remove the head since the passages are so small on the head.

Ya, it takes a set of magnetic follower holders. I've found them in the book. I need to find a set to borrow or rent I guess.

Where the hell does a person find something like this?

D-15001NU Magnetic Holding Tool Set

Still can't find where to buy one. All I can find online is the name. No link to the tool.

Google is failing me.

Need.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cam Follower Tool Set.JPG
    Cam Follower Tool Set.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
I've got a 5.9 JD gas engine in the corner of the shed that I can ship down to you. Not only would it be an upgrade, the women would flock to you from miles around. Think about that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've got a 5.9 JD gas engine in the corner of the shed that I can ship down to you. Not only would it be an upgrade, the women would flock to you from miles around. Think about that.

Upgrade? No, a new cam plus a turbo would be an upgrade. LOL

Who's got the turbo layin' around and the alternate exhaust manifold?

Just checked their site quick, they have the manifolds in stock but they're salty

Sent from my flashscan v2

Welp...she is broke down. I took her too a green paint repair guy. Should be going back together today.

Not sure exactly how it made two off-set versions of push rods. The crank to cam gear was fine and it never lost time. I'm lost.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0
How else do push rods get bent in stock form besides timing loss?

So what parts were damaged? Push rods, cam.. What else is being replaced?

How else do push rods get bent in stock form besides timing loss?

So what parts were damaged? Push rods, cam.. What else is being replaced?

You got me? I have no idea. I'm pretty sure the cam-n-crank gears didn't jump off and then right back on to having the dots aligned. I was driving in 5th about 1400 rpm or so and it locked up dead immediately. Not sure if the force could have done it but I have no earthly idea how it could have.

Parts:

New/used oil pump (old one would lock every 180 deg)
New Cam and followers
A few new push rods
Hyd oil pump rebuild (doing it since it is torn down)

I told him to also put a new gasket or seal on everything he took off. I'm tire of leaks. Kinda wishing I would have told him to put a new head gasket on it too, but I have to stop the bleeding at some point. I'm sure there will be a grand in just parts by the time we figure all the fluids and filters too.

The only time I have saw push tubes bend with out losing time is when a valve hangs open and the piston closes it, had it happen in a C model cat. It made a mell of a hess, bent all off the push tubes, bent the rocker shaft and broke 2 rockers.

Back