2.6 turbo rule change? I'm lost.

mech2161

I have a secret.
Here's what is on the NADM site.

Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the
compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal
calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock
map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a
width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and
the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo
configuration.

I don't see that here.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40786

Turbocharger: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal calipers. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions
allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited.
6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo configuration.

As long as the cover is 2.6", u cant have any type of bushing bolted to a 3.0" cover to make it a 2.6" bore.
Brandon

So they made a change after Gene Posted the rules. I would think they should have made mention to that here.

So they made a change after Gene Posted the rules. I would think they should have made mention to that here.

Like I said I do not know if I am right or not, I am just giving u my opinion on how I interpret the rules.
Brandon

Yea, the compressor housing is all that matters. No bushings are allowed. As long as the inlet is 2.6, without any type of bushing, it is legal.

As to posting it up on here, I'm sure Gene meant to. He posts it on here just to help yall out, he doesn't have to but does anyways.

No bushings in NADM 2.6,but good find Kevin. That particular line was changed a few times, and the wrong one made it to the website some how.

This is the way it was supposed to read"

"Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED."

Now I'm getting freaked out, the right line is in there... I think we have a weird link.

No bushings in NADM 2.6,but good find Kevin. That particular line was changed a few times, and the wrong one made it to the website some how.

This is the way it was supposed to read"

"Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED."

That is what I like to hear!
Brandon

Back