Letter to EPA from ATS

Long time no see John...sorry it took a thread like this to bring you out of hiding:hehe:

While I don't do business with ATS, I can't condemn them of anything, nor would it prevent me from doing any business with them in the future (if they bring a product to market that would interest me:)). Without know ALL the facts all we can do is speculate!

Chris

Long time no see John...sorry it took a thread like this to bring you out of hiding:hehe:

While I don't do business with ATS, I can't condemn them of anything, nor would it prevent me from doing any business with them in the future (if they bring a product to market that would interest me:)). Without know ALL the facts all we can do is speculate!

Chris
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Chris, Merry Christmas to you and your family Sir!:rockwoot: It has been a long time since I talked with you. How is your truck running?

Yeah, this whole darn thing is a mess for sure. But as I said in my post, I have been friends and done business with Clint Cannon, Mike, Sean, Robert, Eric to name a few, for a long time now and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Take care Chris and I hope to see you at some events this coming year.

--------
John_P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim:

Good post buddy! I hope you don't mind me "quoting" some from your post, but I saw your comments on me concerning ATS. You were "right on" about my relationship with ATS and this incident is not going to change that from my perspective. You are right Tim, I would "Walk through fire for the guys at ATS!" And I will probably get "flamed" some here for my comments, and if so, that is fine.

I have been doing business with them since 2000-2001 and have had their ATS Transmissions in all four (4) of my trucks since then. I have had a great relationship with Clint Cannon, Ranee, Mike, Eric, Sean, Robert and the entire group during that time. While mistakes may have been made during this incident, it is pretty amazing to me the amount of hatred that has come out from this toward ATS. Especially in the light of the fact of how well they have stepped up with sponsorship etc. for so many of the diesel events
across the U.S. the past few years. But, IMHO, that is the way this country is right now, not only in the diesel performance business, but in world business as well.

Like you, I also want to thank and commend Eric McCabe at ATS for coming in here under hostile circumstances to at least try and answer questions and explain things to the CompD Members. THANKS Eric!:rockwoot: You have always treated me with respect and helped me out anytime you could. Hang in there my friend!

---------
John_P

I have to agree with you John. I have been to many events and been around Clint and Ranee, and the rest of the ATS gang many times, and I would have to say that they have always treated me with respect, and given me a great deal of support. With the exception of busting the best available input shafts (which is not their fault) the trans they built for my truck has never failed.

I personally have never heard Clint slam another company or it's products, and he has always been a strong supporter of diesel events, and the future of diesel motorsports.

This thread brought this John out of hiding also. The post was CENSORED off the TDR!!! That ticked me off as much as the "mainstream media" censoring out "undesirable" details about B H Obama!!!
So, here I am. I popped my post virginity with this one! Be patient with me, as this is WAY fancier of a site than TDR!:Cheer:

This thread brought this John out of hiding also. The post was CENSORED off the TDR!!! That ticked me off as much as the "mainstream media" censoring out "undesirable" details about B H Obama!!!
So, here I am. I popped my post virginity with this one! Be patient with me, as this is WAY fancier of a site than TDR!:Cheer:

Yup!!! You hit it on the head. This is by far the most Democratic site on the webb.....Go O`mamma.......I mean....... Go O`Bama!!!!!:hehe:

I have read most of the Posts on this thread (but not all), I cannot count the times that I had produce documents for some type of action with both businesses That I own, T&C the Diesel/Automotive and My Construction company that is 100 time larger than T&C. I put equal time in both on the platform of trying to be successful. I was guilty earlier this year of drafting a letter to the (DLI) DEPT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY IN (MN) that local companies are using subcontractors that are illegally hiring out side the legal arrangement that MN has for hiring subcontractors. This had caused much friction between the local labor force and the (vistors)..after pondering over the document that had been drafted I decided it was not in the best interest of the company and destroy all of its contends.. My guess is the Clint should have been more diligent and destroying that document when the issue was going to be quashed and a gag order enforced once the understanding the damage that may develop was discovered..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim:

Good post buddy! I hope you don't mind me "quoting" some from your post, but I saw your comments on me concerning ATS. You were "right on" about my relationship with ATS and this incident is not going to change that from my perspective. You are right Tim, I would "Walk through fire for the guys at ATS!" And I will probably get "flamed" some here for my comments, and if so, that is fine.

I have been doing business with them since 2000-2001 and have had their ATS Transmissions in all four (4) of my trucks since then. I have had a great relationship with Clint Cannon, Ranee, Mike, Eric, Sean, Robert and the entire group during that time. While mistakes may have been made during this incident, it is pretty amazing to me the amount of hatred that has come out from this toward ATS. Especially in the light of the fact of how well they have stepped up with sponsorship etc. for so many of the diesel events
across the U.S. the past few years. But, IMHO, that is the way this country is right now, not only in the diesel performance business, but in world business as well.

Like you, I also want to thank and commend Eric McCabe at ATS for coming in here under hostile circumstances to at least try and answer questions and explain things to the CompD Members. THANKS Eric!:rockwoot: You have always treated me with respect and helped me out anytime you could. Hang in there my friend!

---------
John_P

If John Porterfield and the Smiths Stand behind ATS, that says a lot in my book!

As a site owner I have to stay neutral in arguments/discussions of this caliber. ATS has been good for the Diesel Motorsports world for years. Don't let one mistake ruin all of their past accomplishments. Just my $.02

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Chris, Merry Christmas to you and your family Sir!:rockwoot: It has been a long time since I talked with you. How is your truck running?

Yeah, this whole darn thing is a mess for sure. But as I said in my post, I have been friends and done business with Clint Cannon, Mike, Sean, Robert, Eric to name a few, for a long time now and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Take care Chris and I hope to see you at some events this coming year.

--------
John_P

Long time no see indeed.

Truck is doing better, thanks to CDS I have a real pump on there, and down to tuning the twins in and fixing a boost leak I discovered. Then it's on to the new truck:evil:

Have a good Christmas John, and we'll see you down the road. Coming to TS again?

Chris

Long time no see indeed.

Truck is doing better, thanks to CDS I have a real pump on there, and down to tuning the twins in and fixing a boost leak I discovered. Then it's on to the new truck:evil:

Have a good Christmas John, and we'll see you down the road. Coming to TS again?

Chris
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds good Chris! Keep me posted on the progress of your new truck when you get started on it. And Yes, I will be at "T&S" again! See you soon buddy!

--------
John_P

If John Porterfield and the Smiths Stand behind ATS, that says a lot in my book!

As a site owner I have to stay neutral in arguments/discussions of this caliber. ATS has been good for the Diesel Motorsports world for years. Don't let one mistake ruin all of their past accomplishments. Just my $.02

Agree.

I have watched this thread and wonder about some of the comments. Let's get on with it. We have all said things that we later wish we hadn't, or done things we later wish we could take back.

Clint and his guys have done way more for the diesel racing and pulling business over the years than anyone. They have been through tough times and good times, and have stuck with it.

Clint and I are good friends, and in my opinion, he has been attacked and his products duplicated by many.

In the spirit of the holidays, lets move on.

I agree this thread has had over 27,000 hits and 450 posts. That in the last 10 days. Lock this sucker and lets move on, nothing new, just a few single digit IQ type still venting their spleen.

i am just reading about it for the first time i say leave it open and let others decide for themselfs i for one have no need for ats nor their products so i have no dog in this fight

I have spent the last 4 hours at work reading this. I have joined because it is apparent that the people on this forum are dedicated to the growth of the sport and very knowledgable about diesels. I for one could care less what was written and whether it got sent. Whether or not is was meant to be sent is irelivent, everyone vents and thinks up some half-butted plan and thinks it is great, until someone else looks at and says, "What the F were you thinking" or "What Fing drugs were you on when you thought of this." Unfortunately I have done stupid things like that before within my own family, so anyone can and will do it. Nobody is perfect and everyone has an off day. And like I said above, some people can write something down think it sounds great until someelse reads it and points out the flaws.

I think the whole if 1 person has a bad experience and tells 10 people and they tell 10 people and all the people they tell will never buy a product is a bunch of BS. Think about it, if this were true than every company out there would have no business from the simple fact you can't please everyone. I believe this because where I work I have had people say, "I will never use "Company Name" again" and guess what, when that same person was in a bind, and I had what they needed, amazingly they used me again.
Sorry for the long post I am very bored at work and felt after spending 4 hours reading I had to contribute something.

I did not mean to start up the thread again or create anymore bashing, hating, or animosity, I just figured I would contribute. And I hope everything is understandable because I have never been the best at writing.

Ohh... and even though I don't know anyone on here yet, that is a nice boat and I look forward to getting advice on making my truck go fast.

John and Jimmy/Dale Smith are top notch for sure. Just dont ask John what he thinks about DTT :hehe:
---------------------------------------------------------
Josh:

Thanks for your comments Sir!:rockwoot: The feeling is mutual.

I also gotta tell you that since I have known Tim Barber (TRE Diesel) (whom I highly like and respect) I have even come to respect what he and other DTT customers have done with those transmissions. Tim and others have shown they can hold up to a tremendous amount of abuse. As you know, it was one person and his actions there that upset me.

Thanks again.

--------
John_P

Back