my first pull..

or just keep it at a lower rake stance and strap the front end down solid so it will not level out. It will still have weight transfer just the same as not strapping the front end. Also, I take it you have 3.54 gears out back. Just run 2nd gear. even with 4.10's, 2nd gear is about all you can run. 3rd gear will either be way too much and bog the truck down, or just blow the tires off the whole time.

Lynn and Adam I can't beleave you guy's forgot about telling him to keep the hitch as close to the bed as possible.after you get the sus,stops and the ladder bars and get your hitch and weight set and you start to pull the front tires then you will find out how much HP you have right Lynn.Good luck clad to see more 2wd truck out haveing fun

Dale

Woops.. Im slipping.....:bang Yeah Its a cool feeling to feel a 8000lb truck pack the front wheels.....:rockwoot: You will get alot of werid looks too, just dont let that bother ya.....:poke:

Good Luck
Lynn

going to try a set up in seneca mo.. the 26 or 27.. that weekend...the 30 inch hitch...( a couple of bottle jacks ).. and some weight... and see what happens...not worried about the front end coming up.... 2nd or 3rd gear???...the pull on the start of post .. i am in 3rd....

going to try a set up in seneca mo.. the 26 or 27.. that weekend...the 30 inch hitch...( a couple of bottle jacks ).. and some weight... and see what happens...not worried about the front end coming up.... 2nd or 3rd gear???...the pull on the start of post .. i am in 3rd....

mind your pinion u-joint angle

Becarfull with the jacks find some way to make them so they don't come out and you get DQ or brake some thing your not going to get alot of lift from them with out putting you pinion agle trouble.if you have your weight in the bed at the rite spot you could easly pull the front wheels.the final drive if you pull in 2 and 3.54 is10.79 and in 3rd is 5.93 and beleave me if you get any kind of traction you don't have enough HP.The 3.0 truck 4x4 are running from 15 to 16 to 1 finals Lynn found didn't you old buddy:poke::Cheer:

Dale

so no bottle jacks... and use 2nd gear?..i can do that ..just just set the weight in between axel and tail gate.. or closer to tail gate the better....hitch is close to the truck as i can get.. . how about duallys.. i was going to try some of them.. i have a set ....they have worn 7.50s on and A/Ts...AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

Yes the dually's would help alot you still need to block you rear end with some kind of stops and you can still raise it up some for your hitch I don't remember do you have a carrier bearing if you don't then you can go alittle higher. but the weight kind of close to the axle your just going to have to play with the weight were it works the best for your truck and track conditions.

Dale

lol dale ive been doing good. Im on the hide out right now. lol j/k Naw been working my ass off trying to get my straight axle finished under my Daily driver. And trying to talk a guy into selling me a super b mack with a sigma inline pump. I think i got him talked into about 5 grand. So im going to try to pick it up soon and start building me another pull truck

Back