Has enyone started a new prodject ?

Have ben do some port work on the head LOTS of grinding to doo.We have to put the 2wd back together because it is going to Louisville.Ky for the truck show it will be in the FASS boothe Brad is taking it down.We tried to get some polished alluminum rear wheel but we won't get them in time will have the polished front one on and the 3rib tractor tires.

Dale

Justin there is a guy on the NADM forum under the Mod rule looking for drive shaft loops.

Dale

been looking a new victums.. and prospect of 1 ton and smaller trucks

been looking for/at some old C30 cab and chassis trucks :evil

I have been so busy working two jobs, searching for a house and turning wrenches on other trucks when i dont have my daughter I havnt really worked on mine. I managed to get the motor and trans out of it though. Thats only because I sold it to a buddy and he is paying me to install it in his 70 he is going to restore. These old bow tie guys are crazier then the diesel guys. I sold the big block/4speed out of mine for $1500 :bang and then he is paying me to install it. I have no money in the dually and will make about 2K off selling engine and trans.:hehe:

Attachments

• P1011081.jpg
    P1011081.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 12
  • P1011083.jpg
    P1011083.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 8
  • P1011084.jpg
    P1011084.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P1011085.jpg
    P1011085.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 17
While we are talking about this anyone know what the rearend out from under a mid 70s Ford F600 would be? It is a two speed rearend and not sure if it would be worth fooling with. I can get it for free and looks like a Rockwell of some sort but cant see any tags on it. Its a 6 lug rear as well.

Well dale i finally got Mr Goodtime up on some 5 ton running gear and 54's i gotta finish up my steering and t case but that will come sooner or later

dale here is a couple photos for yall there not the best but i will get more when i get a chance

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 163.jpg
    163.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 6
thing are startign to look up for me...
might turn this into a sled truck 59 3800 1 ton apache starting weight is 4700lb thinking dmax/th400/241.. has eaton rear withn 5.13 gears already in it.. pyut some 35" in the back 3rd and low woudl put me ~4000 down the track @ 30mph iirc its wheel base is between 170-190"
its just sitting in so call right now
l_669df337d88d5e987555c1813447c1dc.jpg

I started one , but the body is so rusty I lost interest done had the back striped and ready to install the SQ , got some 15x14 wheels and just stopped there , I may finish it later

I started one , but the body is so rusty I lost interest done had the back striped and ready to install the SQ , got some 15x14 wheels and just stopped there , I may finish it later

Was this the first one your purchased or the 2nd one Rodney? I've heard you bought a street truck, then sold it and bought a purpose built 2wd pulling chassis?

This is the 2nd one , I still have my white 2wd I drive it daily having alot of fun with it , another reason that the puller lost interest . I tried to sell the puller in favor of a better cab still undecided

Na , but I was impressed by the ford , it pulled 311 I believe and this was during the 3.0 class so with a little more tuning and that turbo looked to b off the shelf 3.0 dunno for sure just what I heard , mine will look like that slammed, axle will b pretty welded to the frame with some gussets and adjustable front stops . I wouldnt mind running those wheels either hooked pretty good for semi road tires

Last edited:
i think it'd be cool to hook a sled up to my truck, im workin on gettin a air locker, what do you guys think? lol would it even be possible? its my daily driver. hopin to get a bigger turbo and injectors over winter

Back