EMS OFFROAD extreme duty 35 SPLINE FRONT END KIT w/DND

csutton7

Well finally something went about normal for me--don't get me wrong we had some glitches but we overcame them---we happens to be DND (rears and gears) out of Vacaville, CA, his wife and ol' lucky myself----

Dynatrac and EMS OFFROAD have this kit-- you do lose your ABS with these kits at this time---you will get the ABS idiot light and BRAKE idiot light on the dashboard---truck stops fine as I've been unplugged for months and the truck has stopped straight and true everytime---once last week when some knucklehead decided to baja around the cars in his lane so he could turn left--I was jammin up in the opposite lanes and when he came around the cars and saw me and the truck his eyes and butt hole puckered as I was in full screech mode ---would've t-boned him and sent that car to the TOTALED YARD----ANYWAY THIS IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO DECIDE IF YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT

Dynatrac's kit-- https://store.dynatrac.com/merchant.mvc?Scr...ry_Code=HUBKITS

EMS OFFROAD'S kit-- http://emsoffroad.com/shop/index.php?main_...64fb3b4036fafcd

you get more for less money with the EMS kit---

I also got the CAD delete kit so now I have one piece 35 spline inner axles--- here it is--

http://emsoffroad.com/shop/index.php?main_...64fb3b4036fafcd (I know it says DANA 44, but they have it for the DANA 60's)---

Glitch #1---thanks to Don's wife(DND) for saving my bacon as she ran down a seal that was missing--this was the inner seal at the CAD for the CAD delete system --they sent the wrong size(maybe for a DANA 44) if you get this kit make sure you ask them twice if they're sending you the right one--

Gllitch #2---we had to grind some material off the stub axle ears to get it to go through the the hole in the knuckle---not much, maybe a 16th of an inch on all 4 sides of the ears--don't worry these things are beefy and the inner axle ears were ground away even more by the factory--

Semi-glitch, even though I knew this prior to as EMS told me--I got the YUKON SUPERJOINTS(u-joint) and these are fun to install---we learned that you need to open up the snap ring on the side of the super joint that has a cut out in it to get the dern thing to slide into the axle ears---be careful as you can over-stretch the snap ring---we used a 40 ton press to get the caps on a couple, but some went on with the hammer/socket method---not sure why and it was always the 2nd one that we had to press some on---Don would bang on the axle ear and I would man the handle on the press---this method worked pretty slick, because I would apply pressure and he would smack it and the cap would move, instead of me just forcing it on with the press---took a few whacks to get them in place---the YUKON SUPERJOINT is to be equal to the CTM u-joints is what I was told---

it took us from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm to do this --I want to thank Don of DND and his wife immensely for their help, with Don's wife running down the parts it saved us 2 hrs and with Don knowing axles and gears I know it would've taken me 2-3 days to do this by myself, I'm not sure I could've got the superjoints installed by myself though--that is a two man operation IMO, but sometimes where there's a will there's a way, but I sure wouldn't want to prove that one on these things---

we also put new ball joints in, a spool in the front and we are on our way to upgrading to a 1350 driveshaft for the front w/ a billet yoke---

up next is the ARB in the rear, with the SCS 35 spline axles(that have been in my garage for 2 yrs now) and 1480 rear driveshaft----

again I can't thank Don and his wife enough for putting up with me--

DND's phone # is 707-249-4943 you can't go wrong with Don--very nice guy that knows his stuff, plus he supports our diesel events---chris

Possible glitch--make sure you check for burrs in the ears where the u-joint goes---EVEN on new parts---we found some, but caught it early enough

Yeah the EMS stuff is good stuff.
I have 35 spline inners & outers with the different bearing design up front as well.

I am a dealer for Eric@Ems and hes great to deal with!

i think im going that route, my left wheel bearing is going out and im sure the right is not far behind. glad to hear i wsont be the first to try the ems kit

I don't think I would have ground on the ears of the axle shafts... I installed yukon 35 spline chromos, with superjoints in my K5 blazer with a gm dana 60 and they would not slide in either.. I just ground notches in the opening where the ears made contact on the outer C... My experience with any axles are most of the time they break at the ears, but that is normally after the u joint lets go.. It will prolly be ok, but if you are gonna beat the hell out of it I would not grind on the ears.. I beat the crap outa my k5 and have had no problems with them super joints just require to be greased all the time.. $.02

Back