Need help with 4x4 96 f250

Ford8858

Hi I'm new to forums but I have a 96 f250 7.3 turbo 173k miles reg cab 2wd I wanna make it 4x4 and need help with wut exactly I need and if I can use my same auto trans no big upgrades just straight piped and cold air intake would really appreciate the help and was wondering of any classified sites that might sell stuff I need thank u

If you are interested I have a Dana 60 out of a 94 that I am looking to sell. I don't remember if I still have the transfer case or not. It came out of a truck with a 460 so I don't know if you can even us the tcase

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread, but if it were me I would just sell the truck and find a comparable 4x4. The front frame rails are different between the 4x4 and 2WD. Some people do the conversion by adding a reverse shackle kit (RSK) at the same time, but it will add at least 3" of lift in the process. The Dana 60 front axles are getting rare from everyone converting their F250's to straight axle. I am in the process of converting a dually to 4x4, but I would have just bought a different truck if not for the fact that the OBS Powerstrokes never came as a 4x4 dually from the factory.

Back