Custom 2Gen Crew Cab! How to do it?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
In my head is idea to convert my '98 12 v Quad Cab to real 4 door Crew Cab and I want to collect information how to do it correctly at fist time.

I also knew we have aslo members who have owned or still have custom Cre Cab Dodge Ram's.
Some are made by : Bear Automotive, ???? ??

:poke: Oil Burner, 97crewcab,Greeds22

Please post pictures and advice how to do it.

Here is some pictures from INternet.

Attachments

• 4-Door.jpg
    4-Door.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 97doors.jpg
    97doors.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 209
  • freedom.bmp
    441 KB · Views: 772
  • 017d_1.jpg
    017d_1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Are you wanting it done like the truck in your sig (quad and club cab) or 2 fullsized doors in the rear.

The one in you sig would be by far the easiest to do.

My avatar is just Photoshop. I made it with simple Windows Paint, to get the visual look.

I think 4 normal doors will be more comfortable, but full size rear doos (suecide like Quad cab) will be easyes to make.

Freedom Diesel truck rear door window is very similar to Chey Crew Cab rear window.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well, honestly. Im a 3rd generation autobody tech, bothe way of doing this scare the chit out of me. It is possible but my god the work involved.

The full sized doors appear to be using a Durango window setup and most likely the frame too. The B pillar is custom, most of that door is hand made. From a body tech stand point its a nightmare.

Now usind the CC/QC is waaaaaaaaaaaay easier. But you would need a complete cab off another truck. Take a quad cab, cut the rear body panel off of it including the corner skins. Maing sure to leave the inner bracing for the door. Cut the front off a donor CC and splice them together. Of course that is an epic over simplification.

He appears to be using a regular cab for the rear with a custom B pillar made from some 2x4 box steel. God help anyone in that truck if it was rolled or t-boned.

Those doors are modified fronts, most likely going to use a durango window and regulator. I am curious what is going to be done about the interior door panel.

After that door cut to fit and the hump from the body line is removed to match the rear of the front door. All the body filler needed to smooth that will almost make it a hand made door.

Here is inftresing fact: regualr cab (end extended cab up to 97) and 98 + Quad cab front doors are DIFFERENT.!!

They look similar, but differnce is in lower rear corner.

Both. the back of the standard cab and club cab (no rear doors) doors are rounded, whereas the Quad cab doors have a more squared back edge.

The skin is only different

Attachments

• door1.JPG
    door1.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 107
  • door2.JPG
    door2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 121
Mine was a Bayer auto custom. I think I do have some pictures of the inside of the rear doors when I was putting new door skins on them. Really as I see it the doors and the interior are the only real skilled part of the build. The rest looks pretty simple. I am not a body guy but that is what I saw when I had it appart.

If you want some pics pm me your email and I will see what I can dig up for you.

Back