Question when converting from the in tank pump on a '02

J.Keith

Pro Diesel Tech
When I install the draw straw and disconnect the power supply to the in tank pump will the fuel level gauge still function?

Thanks!
Jeremy

When I install the draw straw and disconnect the power supply to the in tank pump will the fuel level gauge still function?

Thanks!
Jeremy

Are you installing one of our kits? If you are are you using the harness that plugs up to the tank?

If you are running that harness....it will automaticly redirect the power from the ECM to our relay and allow the fuel tank sending unit to work correctly.....

If you are just trying to cut power to the intank pump.....all you need to do is cut the gnd wire...i THINK pin number one....that will still let your sending unit (Uses the 2 inside smaller gauge wires.....) still function.

I'm moving an old kit off my 2000 to a truck thats been retrofitted with the intank pump. So I don't have the harnesss that plugs into the tank. Just the harness that came with the pump when I bought it like, 4 years ago at least.

I'm moving an old kit off my 2000 to a truck thats been retrofitted with the intank pump. So I don't have the harnesss that plugs into the tank. Just the harness that came with the pump when I bought it like, 4 years ago at least.

OK....well you can make that harness work that you have...just more complicated. OR you can call a FASS dealer and order a WH-1004 harness that will solve your problem.......

OK....well you can make that harness work that you have...just more complicated. OR you can call a FASS dealer and order a WH-1004 harness that will solve your problem.......

Thanks Dan! Got a harness coming. Don't really feel like working through electrical crap right now.

Jeremy

Back