Single gt55 on a 12v

I think I am going to run an 88sxe with a 2,800 stall with a little juice to get it moving. Hoping that will do the trick.

I think I am going to run an 88sxe with a 2,800 stall with a little juice to get it moving. Hoping that will do the trick.

I am not familiar with your ride, but you best have a way loose converter. When the ambients went above 80*F and a 3000 stall, we couldn't hardly get lit even with spooling nitrous. S480 with billet compressor and a 1.0 exhaust housing.

The clutch changed all that.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with your ride, but you best have a way loose converter. When the ambients went above 80*F and a 3000 stall, we couldn't hardly get lit even with spooling nitrous. S480 with billet compressor and a 1.0 exhaust housing.

The clutch changed all that.

sounds like you had something funky going on. We lit an s480 w a 1.10 housing on fuel with a 2300 stall converter pretty effortlessly. Levis had an 80/96/1.10 T4 that he lit on fuel very easily with a 2800 stall

Very good possibility we had something going on. We started out with the spooling valve. Once removed, it actually spooled better.

I know it was aggravating enough to pull the trigger on the clutch set-up for us.

Sorry about the double post. Not real sure what happened there.

Very good possibility we had something going on. We started out with the spooling valve. Once removed, it actually spooled better.

I know it was aggravating enough to pull the trigger on the clutch set-up for us.

Sorry about the double post. Not real sure what happened there.

Didn't you post a pic where the charge pipe was only tack welded, major boost leak? After you stripped the truck down.

Yep. Only this was way after we installed the clutch. All our runs with the power glide were with our old set-up which brings to light what may have been our issue.

We didn't have the A/W installed at the time. I realize now this would have made a significant difference when the ambient temps were higher when it comes to spooling.

Back