Fitting for pyrometer install

npe3484

I hate ATF
I bought a used pyrometer setup from a guy on here but he did not include the male/male threaded fitting that screws into the exhaust manifold. Is this a fitting that I can pick up at the local hardware store? Size?

Thanks.

Sorry I missed this thread, I was out of town at a trade show with only sporadic internet access. Unfortunately the fitting is custom made for us. It is similar to a standard compression tube to pipe thread adapter, but has a much larger ID. If you are going with a new install I would use the 1/8" NPT version (smaller hole to drill & tap). If it is a standard temp thermocouple it will have brass fittings and use this replacement fitting set:
R681 - ISSPRO Product Categories

If it has steel fittings (either black coated or zinc plated):
R683 - ISSPRO Product Categories

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Thanks. I ended up drilling out a fitting like you suggested, but the compression portion of the fitting does not have enough threads to fully seat the probe. It's working ok for now but I'd like to get the correct fitting installed. How much would shipping be on one of the brass pieces to 20882?

Not sure on shipping, those departments are gone for the day. Please call 800-888-8065 tomorrow and ask for Aftermarket Sales, they can tell you the shipping cost.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back