Dsp5 switch

Sukkurpunch

I have a 2007.5 LMM with EFI Live and dsp5 switch.
I've had the truck for 3 months and the dsp5 switch a pin was broken in the ECM plug. So I replaced the switch. My question is how do I know that this switch it working? Is there much change between tunes for a noticeable power increase.
Haven't really tested truck out to see the difference. Are these trucks powerful stock. Never been in Or driven one a stock truck. So I really have no comparison. My truck feels like it is switching tunes. What is the time lapse between the tunes engaging? Is it instant? My truck also has 5 in exhaust, egr delete and bulldog lift pump with water separator. May have some other thing I don't know about. Sorry I'm rambling just trying to get as much information as possible to Learn about this truck.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank!!!

The switch is instant. Who did your tunes, you should call them... my tunes are elevated idle, 65hp, 125hp econ, 150hp, 200hp and I can tell a noticeable difference on each setting. Do you have any type of gauges??

Yes the switch is instant. If you know who wrote the tunes get in touch and see what you can find out. If the tranny is totally stock there probably isn't a big jump in hp between tunes. And yes these trucks are pretty quick and have a lot of power totally stock.

You may be able to put your truck in drive and hold the brake pedal firmly to hear if the exhaust note changes. If it does, odds are those are either the hp tunes or stock tunes.

They are usually set around half a second.

Put the switch all the way to the right and floor the truck. With the skinny pedal to the floor turn the knob to the left slowly. Each click should be a power increase.

Or start on one side of the switch and while floored switch to the other side completely. There should be a very noticeable difference between the first and last tune.

Back