Front to rear gear ratios for pulling competition.

didn't think i would have to clarify once the truck is done the pull, unhooked and pulling away and while the sled is moving back, and before track maintenance starts to fill the ruts.
lol

didn't think i would have to clarify once the truck is done the pull, unhooked and pulling away and while the sled is moving back, and before track maintenance starts to fill the ruts.
lol

I do this quite often.

pullers have suspension now?

You totally miss the point

Is your name Greg Hogue?

So you single handedly change drag racing to what it is today? I mean the multimillion dollar drag teams didn't know all this but some kid from new York did? I find that hard to believe. You were drag racing in the 70's?

I'm still waiting to hear how many 4wd drive programs you have been involved in.

4wd i mostly play with are on drag strips and off road, not much in the pulling.

However maybe you should go back and look at all the cars up until the 2000's and see when suddenly they all started using the techniques i was long before them.

I can tell you that one of those techniques will most definitely apply in pulling, but you know it already.

Why do you want to know how much shorter the tires are when you deflate them down to 25 psi? You realize if you bag the tires down on the front with low air pressure and weight on them that measurement from the ground up won't give you a accurate number for a wheel speed calculation.

I was not worried about the tire size with the extra weight hung on the front. I thought a better way to get a close number would be to measure the height difference with the weight box off and just the weight of the truck on the tires.

My thoughts were that would give a pretty close measurement for tire size going down the track, I very well could be wrong but that's what I was thinking

lol

You would have to forgive me, I don't know any better.

Back