012 questions?

WILD_PHIL

Found a great deal on a 2012 auto 4 door Cummins. Just wondering if the stock mileage is the same as the other 6.7s. Is the auto tranny any better then dodges previous stock autos? I think its still a 68rfe.

k just seen that low RPMs make the 68 run low drive pressures witch destroys it. Amazing what a few seconds of research will do. Still looking for others experiences.

I can rarely get above 15 MPG with mine, I believe the 3rd gens get better mileage. Yeah the 68RFE ain't all that great.

Yeah that's what I keep reading. I've gone through all 31 pages in the 6.7 column. Number one complaint, that dang transmission.

The 68RFE with H&S trans tuning is amazing, the trucks drive like they should have from the factory and with the added line pressure you have firmer shifts with less slipping. Of course you would have to deflower the little lady first. :rockwoot: That said my boss has a 2010 on 37's that gets 18-19 freeway with full deletes and H&S tuning.

Last edited:
I can vogue for a "de-flowered" 6.7. Did my buddies 08 QCSB 4wd.
Full deletes, 4'' exhaust with a muffler, 70hp tune and H&S trans tune. That thing is fun to drive!!! Nothing spectacular in the quarter I'm sure but I'd sure love to hook a trailer to it.

The 4'' system that is on his truck is very quiet, almost as quiet as factory. Too quiet for me.

Yeah I hate driving a quite truck truck. I would like to know what this HS tuning is doing on the HO. If its pushing that torque over a 1000

Yeah I hate driving a quite truck truck. I would like to know what this HS tuning is doing on the HO. If its pushing that torque over a 1000

I've been told the HO is effectively 'factory tuning' once you've got H&S there's no difference between HO or the regular... ...there was talk of a different size output shaft and torque converter but I've never seen that confirmed and my gut feeling is there's no difference. Yes, I have the HO.

Never had mine on the dyno, will post up as soon as I get the chance to get on one.

Back