Young gun's 94 build thread

T wheel measurements?

110mm X 128-130mm? My calipers don't quite fit.... Lol

Brandon- I'm still being very lazy on bumping the timing.... Lots of other things going on right now

Speedshift- I'll put a common rail in my truck when I'm dead! :)

I'm not sure if the 6.7 block will hold, Ron Allen seems to be having good luck at 1000hp. Hopefully that's good enough. I haven't gone to negotiate a deal on a 6.7 long block yet, but I'm hoping to do so very soon!

I did put a plate in my truck to see if it got me out of the timing retard, I think it did, but it runs about the same amount of boost. Spools up faster with less fuel on the bottom end. (#12 plate is all I had at the moment)

segy4ary.jpg

This is how determined I am to keep this thing working every day, 7000ft elevation, s469 single, and 5x.022's. Mercia'

vutureba.jpg

This is how determined I am to keep this thing working every day, 7000ft elevation, s469 single, and 5x.022's. Mercia'

vutureba.jpg

That's awesome! I hate to be a naysayer but that hx-82 is probably not going to work out so well for high elevation towing. If/when it lights it may make a small amount of power though. LOL

I'm not so much concerned about the spool up since the 6.7 will make its way into the engine bay before the fall. After that engine is built spool up will be a none issue, I'm hoping... LOL

Your "hoping" haha If you didn't live so far away I'd give ya an extra hand!

Im gearing up to at least start on the hot pipe this weekend, I still need that manifold before I build everything. I gotta consider the external waste gate in all this.

Nope, I ended up Welding the one hx40 flange that showed up (ordered two) to the outlet of a hx50 that's going on my dads truck.

2ypyhygu.jpg

I also decided I should wait until I have my manifold back from Murphy to start on the hot pipe. I won't get that until after the fourth.

The build looks good! If you need any help im usually in the Dove Creek area farming and my parents live outside Durango so im only 1/2 - 2 hours away unless im in Provo

Stop by the shop sometime, blue building with a white roof, bunch of pine trees and three silos in front. About 4 miles from Monticello on 491.

-Spence

definitely need a wastegate unless your cool with 100+ boost/drive. maybe ask keating for one of his nifty wastegates that he builds. it looks like a box with a valve spring and bolts on four corners for adjustment.

out of curiosity what do you do for work?

definitely need a wastegate unless your cool with 100+ boost/drive. maybe ask keating for one of his nifty wastegates that he builds. it looks like a box with a valve spring and bolts on four corners for adjustment.

out of curiosity what do you do for work?

I have a stock manifold modified for an external gate that Murphy has right now, that's why I'm putting it off until I have that manifold and I can build the external gate at the same time as the hot pipe.

I work on the family farm. Decent pay and very low living cost lets me play a little :)

Finally got tired of the big turbo whistle, it's awesome if your just driving around town. But after 5 hours it gets old, especially towing. So I found a stock baffle from my dads 05.

yvuza6uv.jpg

So far I love it, trips will be so much nicer!

My W9 has the external air cleaners and even as I type this with the radio cranked and the windows up I can hear them screaming

One cool thing about em.....

ahu2uqyr.jpg

It will tag 60psi when its not 5000 degrees outside LOL

I have a stock manifold modified for an external gate that Murphy has right now, that's why I'm putting it off until I have that manifold and I can build the external gate at the same time as the hot pipe.

I work on the family farm. Decent pay and very low living cost lets me play a little :)

Oh i gotcha. Same here with work.

Back