Nitrous nozzle locations for twins

joelc79

Where is the best place to mount the nozzles. Some say intercooler piping over the intake elbow. Pre ic vs post ic, whats the deal? The twin piping is in the process of being built and i want to have them done before powder coat.

From what I got out of reading through several posts was; The best place to put the nozzles in the inter-cooler tube POST inter-cooler. This makes sense to me. I'm thinking this would give the water some time to both cool and mix in with the hot air. Plus In this location I would think you could install the nozzles underneath so you could hide the system from prying eyes (smog/tech inspectors). Just my thoughts hope this helps.

Sorry just realized that your post was about Nitrous, and not water. I would think the same rules would apply though.

Best place, just like water, is an individual nozzle in each intake runner spraying at the back of the valve. Obviously requiring a custom intake manifold. Other then that anywhere on the intake horn is fine.

Most effective place for a single or twin-jet stage is pre-CAC... helps remove expansion boost before heat exchanger restriction & allows more time for heat transfer prior to cylinder filling - not to mention stuffing more of the intake tract with quality boost.

I have one pre cac and one post cac. both mounted in the bottome endcaps of cac. I did it in haste and although it works well, it is a real pain to change jets. so i would recommend placing them where you can easily get to them.

also the possiblility of blowing your turbo up is real, be sure to have that covered. I didn't.:nail:

Back