Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Multimedia > Video
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Video A Place For Question's and Comments on Videos.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #21
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
when the EPA cracks down on us, they will have random checks, roadblocks if you will, and they will give horendous fines for too much unburnt fuel, and possibly impound your vehicle!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 PM   #22
SPEAKSUP

Name: SPEAKSUP
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Its one thing to do it. Its a whole other to video it and put it up for all the world to see.
As much free flow exhaust and the pics in the parking alot Im sure yours smokes quite a bit

Once again this is a Diesel Site he didn't post it on youtube or anything. So just enjoy it. We have all done it. How many 12 Valvers out there stil got their Smoke Switch.

I have seen none turned up dumptrucks do worse then this. We all know they are going to keep coming up atleast it's not on Youtube or anything.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #23
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEAKSUP View Post
As much free flow exhaust and the pics in the parking alot Im sure yours smokes quite a bit
My truck is totaly emisions compliant. for a 1972 mack R700

It bothers me that it is deliberatly smoking out things. Puffs between gears is far more forgivable than this.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #24
smoknyou03

Name: smoknyou03
Title: Savannah Smokers
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEAKSUP View Post

Once again this is a Diesel Site he didn't post it on youtube or anything. So just enjoy it. We have all done it. How many 12 Valvers out there stil got their Smoke Switch.

I have seen none turned up dumptrucks do worse then this. We all know they are going to keep coming up atleast it's not on Youtube or anything.
i guess for some comp d is the world

01 dodge 3500-2wd hauler

05 chevy 3500 4x4 d-max afe turbo inlet, custom intake, muffler delete

Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #25
apocalypse1812

Name: apocalypse1812
Title: Nailed It!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknyou03 View Post
im not tryin to make friends on here

we just decided to turn the truck up a little and check out the new cameras
I will be the first to say it, Good job we're all proud. Try to grow up a little bit... I had fun like that (When i was 18) Act your age man.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #26
smoknyou03

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kas83 View Post
Why give them a reason to implement laws that would require that? What's the sense in that? I have yet to hear a good answer.
i work at the port and have talked to the department of transportation mvcd or wtv there called on numerous occasions about such questions. these people are state officers who regulate trucking and interstates and highways. one of my good friends is a sargent and he told me that as of right now the government has no plans to start messing with diesels, atleast older trucks that are pre emmisions. he also said that becouse 100% of semi's are diesels that "the government would be biting off more than they could chew" as he put it. he also told me that i cannot get a ticket for smoke and that if anything does change it will be up to the states to determine such laws.

and so far as giving them ideas. im not driving past the white house smokin obama

01 dodge 3500-2wd hauler

Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #27
gododge99

Name: gododge99
Title: Truck In Shambles
Member`s Gallery
i only do that stuff if theres someone ridin my ass

Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #28
BFD99

Name: BFD99
Title: The Stig
Member`s Gallery
i could see a little smokeout, but that was way too much excessive, especially a city bus man? What if it did crash? There was probably some people on it too.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #29
Diesel97

Name: Diesel97
Title: Precision Diesel
Member`s Gallery
What kind of camera was that?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #30
smoknyou03

Member`s Gallery
its called a gopro hero wide. it has 170 degrees of view
waterproof
has its own sd card
super easy download
and no wind noise

there super nice

01 dodge 3500-2wd hauler

Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #31
Diesel97

Name: Diesel97
Title: Precision Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Not to be an ass but i agree with the others, you cant be going though town smoking everyone out man. Here in some parts of texas the police are already writing tickets for obstruction of way and thay never did that befor. Thats way everyone jumping your ass cause it starts some were by someone.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #32
kas83

Name: kas83
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
he told me that as of right now the government has no plans to start messing with diesels, atleast older trucks that are pre emmisions. he also said that becouse 100% of semi's are diesels that "the government would be biting off more than they could chew" as he put it.

Wake up n do some research! It's already happening in this country that legislation is coming into effect for placing DPF's on pre-emissions diesel engines. And the lovely state of California is taking on semi's full force with emissions and so on. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when things are going to go nationwide.

Government 'biting off more than they could chew'? LMMFAO. Look at the mess we're in economically, you think the government cares about 8 million semi's? It's time to get real and look at what's going on around you.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #33
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Are you old enough to drive? You sure don't act like it.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 AM   #34
tcalvin

Name: tcalvin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Wake up n do some research! It's already happening in this country that legislation is coming into effect for placing DPF's on pre-emissions diesel engines. And the lovely state of California is taking on semi's full force with emissions and so on. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when things are going to go nationwide.

Government 'biting off more than they could chew'? LMMFAO. Look at the mess we're in economically, you think the government cares about 8 million semi's? It's time to get real and look at what's going on around you.
I think the government does care about those Semi's. Think about how many businesses and individuals depend on what those trucks carry around. i.e. price of diesel goes up; so does that of every consumeable good. Anyway, I'm guilty of smoking a few folks out myself, and I'm sure nearly everyone on this site is too. So what if he wants to video it. It's not like he killed somebody.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #35
smoknyou03

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

hmmm. california is also the state that gays can marry, pots somewhat legal, and there economy is in the trash. so thats not sayin much. they have had strict emmission laws for a while now anyway.

and as far as the semi's go his point was that the government knows what kind of economic **** hole were in right now so why start making problems with the people who move goods and cargo around the country.

01 dodge 3500-2wd hauler

Old 02-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #36
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
12.4 on stock turbo. please find me another 4x4 longbed 4 door truck that can do that

Quote:
Some people tune for CLEAN power.

And why does everyone think that just because new emissions stuff is coming, that it's ok to get more attention now? Government is already up our asses with a microscope, why give them more reason to? Or more power to pass stupid ass laws? Need I go on?

I have a 12 valve, it currently will puff a little from a standing start, and that's it. More tuning, and fuel, will be going in. But I won't be out blatantly lugging the hell out of it smoking people around town, which is EXACTLY what you were doing.
I agree 100%

Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #37
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride42 View Post
D O U C H E B A G.....that's what I think.
Roger that.

Quote:
and two who cares. we were just havin a little fun. yall act like i broke a glass dildo in ur girls ass or somethin
That's a great way to talk to folks on a public forum

Quote:
and whats the epa gonna do? make us put more mufflers or cats on? thats comin anyways.
No crap, Shurelock, partly because of retards posting hundreds of videos on YouTube. Do you honestly think that isn't ammo that they use to make their laws pass?

Quote:
12.4 on stock turbo. please find me another 4x4 longbed 4 door truck that can do that
I don't think you want to go around saying crap like that on this forum. At least, don't bet anyone money or you will lose you butt.

Quote:

what could possibly be the outcome of someone seeing this video?
Dude, it is not just YOUR video, it is the hundreds like yours. Each and every one of you adds to the doucheness of YouTube.

Wow, that was just quotes from the first page! I hope someone closes this thread. If you would have just went out in the open where no one was around you could have smoked your little stack off and no one would have cared. It is the folks that do it in town in peoples faces that look like jerkoffs. Thanks for helping to sterotype the diesel community.

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #38
shiftycapone

Name: shiftycapone
Title: wandering the desert
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
hmmm. california is also the state that gays can marry, pots somewhat legal, and there economy is in the trash. so thats not sayin much. they have had strict emmission laws for a while now anyway.

No gays cannot marry here, law never passed. Pots somewhat legal, yeah, but my tax dollars are still paying for the guys who got thrown in prison for a joint, which is ridiculous. And yes, our economy is in the trash. Last time I checked though,our nation wasn't doing too good either.

Nice camera though, it come with the suction mount?

1990 d250 12v

Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #39
smoknyou03

Member`s Gallery
yea they come with the suction mount

its a prety nice package and they seem to work real well

01 dodge 3500-2wd hauler

Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #40
BigDctd

Name: BigDctd
Title: Fuel her till she Blow!!
Member`s Gallery
Ive done i myself a little!! in SLC a little hottie was ridding my ass on the interstate so i layed down the smoke and before i knew it the blue berries and cherries were on my ass!! 420$ fine!!! i will only do it if someone is on my ass!! they back off pretty quick

lifes tough!! even tougher if your stupid

Closed Thread