Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > User Feedback and Suggestions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

User Feedback and Suggestions A forum for feedback and suggestions to improve the site.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
RonA

Name: RonA
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
It would be nice....

.. if new products offered up as latest and greatest were accompanied by dyno graphs showing the changes produced by said product.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
jponder

Name: jponder
Title: RESIDENT MAD SCIENTIST
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
.. if new products offered up as latest and greatest were accompanied by dyno graphs showing the changes produced by said product.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
YOUNG GUNS15

Name: YOUNG GUNS15
Title: Im AWESOME!!!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Is this in reference to the steed speed thread?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNG GUNS15 View Post
Is this in reference to the steed speed thread?
I would figure so

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
Third party dyno data would be sweet, why do I think the vendor of the cam I'm running isn't going to include my data in the box......

Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
scat

Name: scat
Title: .
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
Third party dyno data would be sweet, why do I think the vendor of the cam I'm running isn't going to include my data in the box......
When i saw your thread about your finding on the cam made me wonder if its all hype that people try selling parts on for the diesel community

Old 07-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
dieselduck

Name: dieselduck
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Never going to happen, Unfortunately.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
RonA

Name: RonA
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
When i saw your thread about your finding on the cam made me wonder if its all hype that people try selling parts on for the diesel community
Oddly, I posted a dyno graph comparison we did on my truck between a Helix 2 and a 181/210. My results were much different and showed nice gains in bottom end and midrange very similar to what Hamilton posted. But if it doesn't work on a common rail, that should be included in the info.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
scat

Name: scat
Title: .
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Oddly, I posted a dyno graph comparison we did on my truck between a Helix 2 and a 181/210. My results were much different and showed nice gains in bottom end and midrange very similar to what Hamilton posted. But if it doesn't work on a common rail, that should be included in the info.
I never saw that Ron. Was that on one of your 24 valve p pumps? I agree completely when peoples findings should be put out there by a manufacture. The most ive ever seen for 12 valve cams or even exhaust manifolds are peoples butt dynos or what their impression was. Nothing hard core enough to make me want to drop money on. Dont need areas of gray in people making a profit.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
I'd LOVE to see EFI Live do that,back to back,same truck-same dyno-same weather conditions,BEFORE they go touting AND Piling On about being the end all,be all CR Tuner.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
madmikeismad

Name: madmikeismad
Title: So mad
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
I'd LOVE to see EFI Live do that,back to back,same truck-same dyno-same weather conditions,BEFORE they go touting AND Piling On about being the end all,be all CR Tuner.
I thought it was? Can't you change every variable with it? Isn't that pretty much as good as gets?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
ahale2772

Name: ahale2772
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
with the final responsibility being on the customer to know how to pick the corect parts to go together
Jeesh, Imagine that... well said

Edit...
I and a friend of mine (Russellt198), are heading to a local Dyno on the 13th, he has already PM'ed Taylor asking if he could Beta test a 3rdgen manifold, and swap between the stock, and it between pulls. Might be good data.

Last edited by ahale2772; 10-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
EFI Support

Name: EFI Support
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
EFILive isn't a tune, it's programming software. The end result is only as good as the user. In which case the measurement would be choose a truck with whatever programmer you like, and back to back it with a particular tuner's skill.

Cheers
Cindy

Download EFILive software (for free)

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Cams View Post
Joe, these cams work well on common rail engines, period. They allow more air into and out of the engine for a given RPM range. If you did not see an increase in power, then there is another inhibiting factor to your combo. Chargers, injectors, rate of injection etc. I can promise you that the cam is working in allowing more air into your engine. Cams are fairly stupid, they don't know to do anything other than what they were designed to do. If it is spinning, it is working the same as it would on any truck. I have piles of emails from satisfied customers saying they work. There is something else not right with your combo. I have offered to buy back the cam numerous times. You are acting like I am holding you over a barrell or that I pulled a fast one on you. If I had not made that offer, I would let you take cheap shots at me every other day, but that is not the case. I am asking you to be a man about this and allow me to take care of you like I said I would. Or if being straight up is not your style, please continue proliferating your version of Jerry Springer mentality on the forums.

And the reason I don't include Dyno data is that people like yourself call b.s. on anything you did not do. There is no winning with people like you. I am done with dyno sheets and flow charts. I will include the entire specifications of the cam, with the final responsibility being on the customer to know how to pick the corect parts to go together. I consider this the same as most gasoline guys having a 700CFM carb and a huge cam on his small block with 8:1 compression and stock heads and exhaust manifold. If the cam does not perform as you think, there is something else that could be wrong

Please excuse the interuption, back to your regularly scheduled program.
Why dig up a 4 month old post to bag on Chris?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #15
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefarmer View Post
he is butthurt.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #16
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Cams View Post
Joe, these cams work well on common rail engines, period. They allow more air into and out of the engine for a given RPM range. If you did not see an increase in power, then there is another inhibiting factor to your combo. Chargers, injectors, rate of injection etc. I can promise you that the cam is working in allowing more air into your engine. Cams are fairly stupid, they don't know to do anything other than what they were designed to do. If it is spinning, it is working the same as it would on any truck. I have piles of emails from satisfied customers saying they work. There is something else not right with your combo. I have offered to buy back the cam numerous times. You are acting like I am holding you over a barrell or that I pulled a fast one on you. If I had not made that offer, I would let you take cheap shots at me every other day, but that is not the case. I am asking you to be a man about this and allow me to take care of you like I said I would. Or if being straight up is not your style, please continue proliferating your version of Jerry Springer mentality on the forums.

And the reason I don't include Dyno data is that people like yourself call b.s. on anything you did not do. There is no winning with people like you. I am done with dyno sheets and flow charts. I will include the entire specifications of the cam, with the final responsibility being on the customer to know how to pick the corect parts to go together. I consider this the same as most gasoline guys having a 700CFM carb and a huge cam on his small block with 8:1 compression and stock heads and exhaust manifold. If the cam does not perform as you think, there is something else that could be wrong

Please excuse the interuption, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Holy four month old thread batman.

Firstly Never even named you in this thread.

Second, where are all these cheap shots? I even searched my own posts and came up blank. This is pretty much the only forum I hang out on so can't be another.

Third, Jerry Springer.... really?

In that thread I acknowledged that the cam lowered boost by ten pounds.

YET could show absolutely no increase in spool or power for it.

It is what it is.........(other's results may vary) does that help?

I had planned on giving your cam a shot at the 80MM GTX4508 triples that are going to move a **** load of air, but if your going to be a prick about it I can go ahead and pull it and throw one of Colt's in there and let him get the air time?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #17
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefarmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
he is butthurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
Holy four month old thread batman.
Um, better look at who dug up the old thread, it wasn't Zach.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #18
Lostnwalmart

Name: Lostnwalmart
Member`s Gallery
Mike going around causing trouble again!
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
Anybody that would not haul a dinosaur for an orphanage is no friend of mine.
To some people it's all about money. Geez
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #19
madmikeismad

Name: madmikeismad
Title: So mad
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnwalmart View Post
Mike going around causing trouble again!
Holy chit, I didn't know what you were talking about, so I went and looked. I had no idea this thread was dormant that long. I was just going through all my sub'd threads looking to catch up on some. Don't ask me how, but I thought this was a current thread.

Sorry guys!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Closed Thread